PDA

View Full Version : Monster tower

gr82bgreen
07-29-2011, 08:27 PM
Anyone here have any input on the Monster MTE tower. They have a sale on it now but one dealer told me it was poor quality. I had a MT1 on another boat and it was very solid.

CantRepeat
07-29-2011, 09:17 PM
Anyone here have any input on the Monster MTE tower. They have a sale on it now but one dealer told me it was poor quality. I had a MT1 on another boat and it was very solid.

From what I've heard, they are a solid tower. You just have to be happy with the looks.

Double D
07-30-2011, 12:22 AM

Let me know your questions. I have had the MT since 2003. My only gripe is that if you install it to long, it looks stupid....

Picture #1 = Day 1

Picture #2 = Wakeboard Racks and Mirror

Picture #3 = Speakers

Picture #4 = Bimini

Picture #5 = Ahhhhhhhh :D

gr82bgreen
07-30-2011, 12:35 AM
Let me know your questions. I have had the MT since 2003. My only gripe is that if you install it to long, it looks stupid....

Picture #1 = Day 1

Picture #2 = Wakeboard Racks and Mirror

Picture #3 = Speakers

Picture #4 = Bimini

Picture #5 = Ahhhhhhhh :D

Looks great on your boat. You have the original or MT1. I was looking to get an MTE. It is similar but does not have the extension on the top cross bar.

Double D
07-30-2011, 01:04 AM
Looks great on your boat. You have the original or MT1. I was looking to get an MTE. It is similar but does not have the extension on the top cross bar.

I would push for the MT1 because that extension was one of the selling points for me, over the other ones on the market at the time.

Fast50dad
07-30-2011, 10:25 AM
I have the same tower on an 03 Prostar 209. Where did you get your speakers?

Double D
07-30-2011, 11:27 AM
I have the same tower on an 03 Prostar 209. Where did you get your speakers?

I got them here, through EBAY. Here is the link.

http://shop.ebay.com/h2osportswarehouse/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Fast50dad
07-31-2011, 10:33 AM
Thanks, what did they charge to install?

Double D
07-31-2011, 01:42 PM
Thanks, what did they charge to install?

$0. I installed them myself.

gr82bgreen
09-09-2011, 09:24 PM

Here's some pics. I think it looks pretty good. It is definately solid.

CantRepeat
09-09-2011, 09:29 PM
$0. I installed them myself.

Two things here!

First for a guy that hugs nuts on a direct drive but has so many wakeboards on his boat and hates Vdrives, you're doing it WRONG!!!

If you are going to go boarding then stop making love to the DDs. Second, if you are going to put a tower on a DD then get one that doesn't look like ***! :D

Your choice is:

A: stop huping the the mid engine

B: get a tower that wont look like *** on a DD

C: get a Vdrive that will do all the things your DD does

D: all of the above!!

kstumpenhorst
09-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Get a new dimension. Only way to go

Double D
09-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Two things here!

First for a guy that hugs nuts on a direct drive but has so many wakeboards on his boat and hates Vdrives, you're doing it WRONG!!!

If you are going to go boarding then stop making love to the DDs. Second, if you are going to put a tower on a DD then get one that doesn't look like ***! :D

Your choice is:

D: all of the above!!

Wow! Having a bad day??

To each his own but it all works for me and thats all that matters. I Ski, barefoot, Kneeboard, wakeboard, and the kids tube. Plus my budget back in 2003 did not allow a ND tower.

I hope you have everything you need in your boat.

Sent from Never Neverland using my iPhone 4 on Tapatalk

gr82bgreen
09-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Wow! Having a bad day??

To each his own but it all works for me and thats all that matters. I Ski, barefoot, Kneeboard, wakeboard, and the kids tube. Plus my budget back in 2003 did not allow a ND tower.

Wow, I guess we forgot to read the official rule book of do's ond don'ts. Like you, my budget did not allow for a @2500.00 ND tower. We own our boats and if we are happy with them, thats good enough for me.

tommcat
09-10-2011, 12:33 AM
Two things here!

Your choice is:

D: all of the above!!honestly i've had a number of people that are used to riding behind v drives tell me that my wake is better. 2 of them were used to riding behind a moomba and definitely preferred my DD. and when it comes to skiing a v drive cannot compare.

CantRepeat
09-10-2011, 08:03 AM
Wow! Having a bad day??

See the :D <---- Just razzing you a bit. :(

CantRepeat
09-10-2011, 08:04 AM
honestly i've had a number of people that are used to riding behind v drives tell me that my wake is better. 2 of them were used to riding behind a moomba and definitely preferred my DD. and when it comes to skiing a v drive cannot compare.

This doesn't tell you something?

I also run 38 off behind the X30!

Double D
09-10-2011, 09:22 AM
See the :D <---- Just razzing you a bit. :(

Sorry to say that your one little smiley face in that hate speech is not going to cover your disgust with my boat and how you feel about it. I'm not really sure what got you so pissed off but just because I prefer DD boats doesn't mean I am going to trash your X30 and tell you your an idiot for owning one, because I really don't feel that way.

And if that is the way you razz people, I wish good luck to your friends. Peace!

CantRepeat
09-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Sorry to say that your one little smiley face in that hate speech is not going to cover your disgust with my boat and how you feel about it. I'm not really sure what got you so pissed off but just because I prefer DD boats doesn't mean I am going to trash your X30 and tell you your an idiot for owning one, because I really don't feel that way.

And if that is the way you razz people, I wish good luck to your friends. Peace!

:uglyhamme

If it wasn't for the surfing bit I'd still own my 92. ;)

93Prostar190
09-10-2011, 10:08 AM
I've seen Double D's boat in person and his tower really matches and performs well. He does everything double so I have seen 2 wakeboarders riding on his tower and it does just fine. I was not really a fan of all the Monster Tower designs ... but he picked the best one for his boat IMO.

If I still had my 93 Prostar, he would be the guy that would install a tower for me.

Instead, I have a mini on my DD 214 ..... just trying to find my niche ;) (and I hit my head from time to time)

One small detail ..... Double D does not have a transom remote ...... put that in his winter project list. :)

Peace, Go Bucks!

thatsmrmastercraft
09-10-2011, 12:02 PM

I didn't catch the single smiley there when I read that last night either. :confused:

CantRepeat
09-10-2011, 12:15 PM
I didn't catch the single smiley there when I read that last night either. :confused:

Good grief Charlie Brown! :rolleyes:

thatsmrmastercraft
09-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Good grief Charlie Brown! :rolleyes:

Just sayin':rolleyes:

CantRepeat
09-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Just sayin':rolleyes:

It's there and everyone knows the love I still have for my DD and a tower! 8p

thatsmrmastercraft
09-10-2011, 12:25 PM
It's there and everyone knows the love I still have for my DD and a tower! 8p

I don't think there is any question now.:toast:

tommcat
09-10-2011, 01:02 PM
:uglyhamme

If it wasn't for the surfing bit I'd still own my 92. ;)

i'm hoping to get a decent surf wake out of mine next season, it may take more work but we'll see if i can get this boat to do everything.

CantRepeat
09-10-2011, 01:20 PM
i'm hoping to get a decent surf wake out of mine next season, it may take more work but we'll see if i can get this boat to do everything.

tbh, Tom, I think it was more my lack of abilty and poor choice of boards that made the 92 less then fun to surf. I've seen people with far less wave then what my 92 put out doing just fine.

tommcat
09-10-2011, 01:35 PM
tbh, Tom, I think it was more my lack of abilty and poor choice of boards that made the 92 less then fun to surf. I've seen people with far less wave then what my 92 put out doing just fine.

i'm looking at getting a board of minimum 5' 6" (hyperlite broadcast likely?)and hoping that lets us surf with no rope and have fun. i've seen a few videos of the wake behind my exact boat and it certainly looked rideable, just need to match the board to the wave.

it just looks fun and the older i get the more it hurts when i wreck on the wakeboard so i'm looking for something that doesnt break ribs when i crash:D

of course then on the flipside, i'm looking to pick up a boom and learn to barefoot next year. that may turn out to be a bad decision

sorry for the threadjack

Honkity Hank
09-14-2011, 08:38 PM

How much head room do you have on your 205 to the bottom of the tower. I am looking to do a tower this winter as my boys are more into wake board than skis but not sure I can spring for the new dimensions tower, which I think is perfect. The monster might be a reasonable alternative for my 2000 Prostar 205.

Double D
09-14-2011, 09:49 PM
How much head room do you have on your 205 to the bottom of the tower. I am looking to do a tower this winter as my boys are more into wake board than skis but not sure I can spring for the new dimensions tower, which I think is perfect. The monster might be a reasonable alternative for my 2000 Prostar 205.

With the location I have mine mounted it gives me 70" clear from the floor.