PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta area info request.

CantRepeat
07-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Hey all,

I've got a friend that might be relocating from CA to the Atlanta area. He's in the natural gas business and would be working mostly in the Atlanta area. He's not looking for a lake house, yet. If you guys could recommend a middle to upper middle class towns in the ATL area say up to 30 or 45 minute commute time that would be great. The fewer the gangs and crime rate the better.

Thanks.

DemolitionMan
07-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Stay away we have to many people in Georgia now.:D

Trig2275
07-28-2011, 04:11 PM
TN-45 and I both live in Bridgemill which is in Canton Ga. Golf course community 5 minutes from Lake Allatoona.

Duane D
07-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Alpharetta not bad and half way between ATL and Lake Lanier. I live in Cumming, which is a longer commute but 5 mins from the lake. Tell him to do what I did and have the in-laws buy the lake house!!

CantRepeat
07-28-2011, 05:08 PM
Also, he has a couple of high-schoolers so that's a big plus as well.

Thanks guys. Just one more resource that TT offers.:D

CruisinGA
07-28-2011, 06:00 PM
I live in Buckhead/Brookhaven in town and travel north to the mountains to go to the lake. No commute if you work in town, and no traffic if you reverse-commute. Traffic subsides early while all the commuters are clogging up the roads in suburbia later in the afternoon. Problem is, most APS high schools (Atl Public Schools) are not that good.

If I was looking OTP (outside the perimeter) and I had kids, I would be looking in North Fulton, Cobb, Cherokee and Forsyth counties.

What part of the Natural Gas business does he work in?

CantRepeat
07-28-2011, 06:05 PM
I live in Buckhead/Brookhaven in town and travel north to the mountains to go to the lake. No commute if you work in town, and no traffic if you reverse-commute. Traffic subsides early while all the commuters are clogging up the roads in suburbia later in the afternoon. Problem is, most APS high schools (Atl Public Schools) are not that good.

If I was looking OTP (outside the perimeter) and I had kids, I would be looking in North Fulton, Cobb, Cherokee and Forsyth counties.

What part of the Natural Gas business does he work in?

Clean Energies, Natural Gas Stations. PM for waste management stations and some times mass transit stations.

Anyone have any info south of the Airport. I know he will still be the PM for stuff in Jersey, Las Vegas, TX and some in NC as well which puts him at the airport a few times a month.

TxsRiverRat
07-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Contact George Obser @ WaterSki Atlanta - they run a great club

CantRepeat
07-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Contact George Obser @ WaterSki Atlanta - they run a great club

What? :huh::huh:

CantRepeat
07-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Anyone live around peachtree city?

CruisinGA
08-10-2011, 07:50 PM
P'tree City is a good choice. Was going to mention it before I saw your post.
I would also throw in Griffin, Ga. More along the lines of a small town than suburb like P'tree City, but I have spent a lot of time there between my long time girlfriend that grew up there and some extended family and it is nice.

TLR67
08-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Move North of the City.... Closer to the Mountains and all the good lakes... Peachtree City is nice if you like Golf... Tax wise Forsyth is the place to be.. Very close to Lanier and other lakes as well...

Ski-me
08-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Although I've never been there, Buckhead and Peachtree I hear quite a bit because of Northpoint Church. We use Andy Stanley as our speaker here in Colorado and we are a strategic partner with NP...very cool.

TxsRiverRat
08-11-2011, 11:23 AM
What? :huh::huh:

Sorry, had not noticed your reply - are you looking for a ski club?

Trig2275
08-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Watermark Church is near Lake Allatoona and they simulcast Andy there.

lanier92prostar
08-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Move North of the City.... Closer to the Mountains and all the good lakes... Peachtree City is nice if you like Golf... Tax wise Forsyth is the place to be.. Very close to Lanier and other lakes as well...

I agree, Forsyth county is a great place to live:)

lanier92prostar
08-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Watermark Church is near Lake Allatoona and they simulcast Andy there.

We go to Browns Bridge to get the simulcast.

CantRepeat
08-11-2011, 03:31 PM

I think he's going to spend a good amount of time in the South and make heavy use of the airport. It seems his region is going to be lower south and doesn't want to deal with driving through ATL to get there. He's being reassigned as the PM for all the Pilot truck stops.

Thanks for the info.

sp00ky
08-11-2011, 04:31 PM
I live in Cumming but I hear Newnan is good ptree city nice but overpriced

atlfootr
08-11-2011, 07:21 PM
I lived in Cumming (great place) for along time, we had the Klan which helps a lot.:D
Stay the helloutta College Park! Look towards Newnan, GA (Allen J's hometown).

Duane D
08-12-2011, 08:45 AM
I had no idea we have so many Forsyth County residents on here. Do you all boat on Lainer? If you see me out there in my red pf X2, wave me down. There's a guy that I see all the time in a 40th X-Star in 4 mile. That is one of the best looking boats on the lake!

I go to Browns Bridge too! Andy Stanley is AWESOME!