PDA

View Full Version : x7 bad viberation

madman
07-27-2011, 10:57 AM
My kids 02' x7 runs smooth forward and reverse untill we pulled 2 wakeboarders up at the same time, then it viberated really bad under load, like it had a stick caught in between the prop and the strut. Once the boarders were up it ran smooth again. So it is only doing it under heavy take off load. Even with 7 people in the boat and the ballast tank full it had no problem pulling one boarder without issue, but as soon as we hook up another line and boarder it did it again every time we "hit it" untill up on plane, then it smooths back out. After we put it on the trailer we checked for slop by pushing the prop side to side up and down and back and forth, but it all feels good. Any ideas???

Kevin

woodrowskis
07-27-2011, 12:29 PM
I have an 2002 197, with the 6.0 L.
A few years ago, I had vibration mainly coming out of the hole, which I would have sworn was in the prop, shaft, or other but all looked good.
I decided to look at plugs since I had my tools out and they were 3-4 years old. I had one plug that was not firing. I went ahead and changed them all. After changing, the vibration was gone. I was extremely surprised I could not hear a miss, it idled smooth, and I did not see exhaust or any signs of bad plug.
But that fixed mine.

madman
07-27-2011, 09:11 PM
thanks, I will have them check that tomorrow

curtish
07-28-2011, 02:28 AM
Our '01 X-9 seems to have the same symptoms every once in a while. Not a bad shake, but noticeable. Sometime it runs a little rough off-idle as well. I'll have to check the plugs.

f16driver
08-03-2011, 06:59 AM
I have similar symptoms on my 03 197. But I feel my vibration, coming out of the hole, in my steering wheel/steering rack. It goes away very quickly as the boat starts to accellerate. Are you guys feelin it in the steeering wheel like me?

F16Driver
03PS197
Spotsylvania VA

madman
08-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Yes, also the wheel shakes a bit when loading the boat on the trailer. Like a thumping feeling, any ideas?