PDA

View Full Version : I am soooo mad!!!!!

milkmania
07-28-2005, 02:25 AM
what kind of world is this?
my father, just got robbed at his front door at gunpoint!

this guy ( FIL) has not got a pot to piss in, he sells produce out of the back of his old beat up truck, and we have a very small community of less than 300 people:mad:

don't know all the details yet, my wife is just getting over to his house

east tx skier
07-28-2005, 02:47 AM
Milk, that's awful. My parents house in Houston has been burgled on several ocassions and the feeling is just one of being violated. I'm sorry to hear it happened to your dad. I hope everyone on your end of things is okay. I also hope they catch whoever did it.

milkmania
07-28-2005, 02:55 AM
two male mexicans and one female mexican

female knocked on door, father in law opened door...
the two males jumped into the doorway with a "long barreled pistol" and told them they wanted "his bag" of money.

they got his watermelon bag, $760.00

Leroy
07-28-2005, 07:27 AM
THis is really really bad Milk. No one needs that fear and with a gun. Hope they catch them and get his money back.

School Skier
07-28-2005, 08:22 AM
Catch them and put them away for a long time. No probation and no time off for good behavior.

bradamerry
07-28-2005, 08:52 AM
A trip across the river after a good a$$ beating would work!! :mad:

BriEOD
07-28-2005, 08:53 AM
Yeah right they probably aren't even citizens. They'll sit in jail until their court date wasting tax money. They can't afford a lawyer so they'll get a public defender, more tax money. They'll plea bargain a deal to drop the assault with a deadly weapon and robbery charge if they plea to petty theft. They'll sit in prison for 3 months watching Oprah, more tax money. Then they'll get out on probabtion, more tax money and do it again. Yet we won't deport them. I love our CJ system. To many people breaking the law so we can't send them all to trial so let's just cut pleas for everyone... :mad:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-28-2005, 09:53 AM
How bout tie their wrists together and drag them behind a MC for a while? Perhaps run the $760 in gas they stole through the engine with them behind the boat..... See how they think about Robbing people then. Maybe after yanking their arms out of their sockets for hours with some wicked rope burn on the wrists and hours and them drinking half the lake they will think twice about what they did. :mad: :rant: I am all for using creative forms of punishment for crimes.....things that will make people reconsider crime....and publicly televise these punishments. People need to learn.

bucky
07-28-2005, 10:07 AM
Not really punishment. I spent a small fortune on a boat so that I could be dragged around the lake by a rope and shell out for gas!
As they are probably headed down U.S. 259 back to Mexico (this has happened several times around here) I and several of my law enforcement friends will keep and eye out for them. I've always thought that anyone who preys on children or the elderly were candidates for capital punishment, but can't get the legislators to agree.:mad:

How bout tie their wrists together and drag them behind a MC for a while? Perhaps run the $760 in gas they stole through the engine with them behind the boat..... See how they think about Robbing people then. Maybe after yanking their arms out of their sockets for hours with some wicked rope burn on the wrists and hours and them drinking half the lake they will think twice about what they did. :mad: :rant: I am all for using creative forms of punishment for crimes.....things that will make people reconsider crime....and publicly televise these punishments. People need to learn.

bcampbe7
07-28-2005, 10:16 AM
Yeah right they probably aren't even citizens. They'll sit in jail until their court date wasting tax money. They can't afford a lawyer so they'll get a public defender, more tax money. They'll plea bargain a deal to drop the assault with a deadly weapon and robbery charge if they plea to petty theft. They'll sit in prison for 3 months watching Oprah, more tax money. Then they'll get out on probabtion, more tax money and do it again. Yet we won't deport them. I love our CJ system. To many people breaking the law so we can't send them all to trial so let's just cut pleas for everyone... :mad:

You need to put that in your paper! People commit crimes because 9 times out of 10 the rewards outweigh the punishment.

BriEOD
07-28-2005, 10:17 AM
I've always thought that anyone who preys on children or the elderly were candidates for capital punishment, but can't get the legislators to agree.:mad:

Apparently the legislators in Louisanna agree with you (half way). Acts of sexual misconduct with a minor can carry up to a capital punishment sentence. I believe the law was amended in 1999.

Ric
07-28-2005, 10:52 AM
They probably did figure him for a pushover old guy with a known stash of cash because of what they know he does for a living.
I'm surprised your FIL isn't a gun toter with that line of work Milk. Sorry to hear! Glad he's ok though.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-28-2005, 11:00 AM
Not really punishment. I spent a small fortune on a boat so that I could be dragged around the lake by a rope and shell out for gas!
As they are probably headed down U.S. 259 back to Mexico (this has happened several times around here) I and several of my law enforcement friends will keep and eye out for them. I've always thought that anyone who preys on children or the elderly were candidates for capital punishment, but can't get the legislators to agree.:mad:

THere is a difference, your wrists arent tied together. Their wrists would be tied and rope tied to the wrists. dragged at about 45 mph. you cant tell me that isnt punishment after several hours.....or days. My proposal is they get the entire dollar amount they stole, only in the form of fuel to run the boat that tows them mercilessly until all the $760 in fuel is burned up. If you think this wouldnt be punishment, you must be a navy seal on steroids or some super extreme sport nut or something....

Ron Grover
07-28-2005, 12:36 PM
I volunteer my boat for the dragging if I get to drive.

BriEOD
07-28-2005, 01:11 PM
You need to put that in your paper! People commit crimes because 9 times out of 10 the rewards outweigh the punishment.

Ahh that's Utilitarianism...Some British Sociologist (Jeremy Bentham) already laid claim to that theory in the late 1700's. The pleasure outweighs the pain.

You get the interview set up yet or do I need to interview Hillary?

bcampbe7
07-28-2005, 01:28 PM
You get the interview set up yet or do I need to interview Hillary?

Did you get my email?
I emailed her...

betsy&david Harrison
07-28-2005, 01:28 PM
Most of them don't swim..(my experience anyway being a PE teacher) the sight of the boat would make soil their pants.

Glad to hear your FIL is ok. B

BriEOD
07-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Did you get my email?
I email her...
No, not since you sent the one from the toolman. You emailed Hillary?

bcampbe7
07-28-2005, 01:32 PM
No, not since you sent the one from the toolman. You emailed Hillary?

Yeah, I don't think she is hear today though. She hasn't read the email yet.

milkmania
07-28-2005, 01:56 PM
People commit crimes because 9 times out of 10 the rewards outweigh the punishment.

you know,
I was in the coffee shop just yesterday, and was overhearing some old guys talking.
one of them started talking about a scenerio where a white collar worker commits a crime of stealing 20 million dollars. He gets caught, has to spend a few years in federal prison, pay back a million dollars in fines and court costs.

so he profited 19 million dollars.

could this be possible?

bcampbe7
07-28-2005, 02:06 PM
you know,
I was in the coffee shop just yesterday, and was overhearing some old guys talking.
one of them started talking about a scenerio where a white collar worker commits a crime of stealing 20 million dollars. He gets caught, has to spend a few years in federal prison, pay back a million dollars in fines and court costs.

so he profited 19 million dollars.

could this be possible?

Whoever said crime doesn't pay??? :mad:

lakes Rick
07-28-2005, 07:38 PM
Eastie can confirm, but I read where white collar crimes are like 95% of the money crimes.. We just never hear about em...

We truly need to shut down our borders.. America is FULL no more people wanted..... Like building a house.. When its done you do not need anymore two by fours...........

stevo137
07-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Milk, that is terrible news!!! :mad:
Mrs. and I are so glad to hear that he is ok.
Let me know if you are comfortable with this.
Let's start a list to help your dad.
Those who want to help Milks dad put your name on the list and send what you can.
Milk, PM an address to those on the list where they can send a check.
Start with me please.
Is this ok Milk?

JEREMY79
07-28-2005, 08:02 PM
you are a big man stevo

georgea0731
07-28-2005, 08:25 PM
I was just thinking about trying to help with a same donation. I wish I could give more, but I've always heard that even if you only give a $1 to a cause that adventually it adds up to a lot more.

Sorry to hear about it!

stevo137
07-28-2005, 08:33 PM
Totally agree George.

milkmania
07-29-2005, 12:30 AM
Milk, that is terrible news!!! :mad:
Mrs. and I are so glad to hear that he is ok.
Let me know if you are comfortable with this.
Let's start a list to help your dad.
Those who want to help Milks dad put your name on the list and send what you can.
Milk, PM an address to those on the list where they can send a check.
Start with me please.
Is this ok Milk?

Incredibly generous offer, but I will regretfully decline.
I wasn't trying to come in here and ask for help, I just needed to blow off some steam. This TMC Owner's group are some real "stand up" guys & gals, you can't imagine how this donation offer has made me realize it.

we hadn't told my two youngest kids until tonight about pawpaw getting robbed. my 7 year old son is pretty much indifferent about most everything, but my 9 year old daughter takes everything to heart. She started crying and saying she doesn't understand people, why would someone take money that wasn't theirs, and why would someone point a gun at someone.
dang, this parenting thing can be tough stuff sometimes.

but again, my family and I truly appreciate the offerings, but we are all safe, and that replaces monetary value completly.

now for the funny stuff...
you just gotta know my father in law, big ol laid back true redneck.
Uh-huh is his answer to EVERYTHING!
Happy Birthday pawpaw, "uh-huh"
you doing alright today pawpaw? "uh-huh"
well, I'll talk to you later pawpaw, "uh-huh"

well, he's giving the description to the Sheriff's Deputy.
"well, they were Mexican"
"oh, I don't know, somewhere between 5'6" and 5"8"
"well, they all had black hair."
"couldn't get my britches on in time to see what they were driving, but it was loud"

I don't know, but that strikes me as funny, because that describes pretty much 99 percent of these people

thanks guys:)

stevo137
07-29-2005, 12:35 AM
[QUOTE=milkmania]Incredibly generous offer, but I will regretfully decline.
I wasn't trying to come in here and ask for help, I just needed to blow off some steam. This TMC Owner's group are some real "stand up" guys & gals, you can't imagine how this donation offer has made me realize it.

Milk, everyone knows that you wouldn't ask.
Please allow us to do this for him but we understand if you still decline.

Workin' 4 Toys
07-29-2005, 10:06 AM
Don't ge started on OUR system.. It is just pathetic!!!!

Workin' 4 Toys
07-29-2005, 10:08 AM
Milk, that's awful. My parents house in Houston has been burgled on several ocassions and the feeling is just one of being violated. I'm sorry to hear it happened to your dad. I hope everyone on your end of things is okay. I also hope they catch whoever did it.
Isn't Texas a state with "RIGHT TO CARRY ARMS"? You bet your a$$ those M' F'rs would be full of led they tried that if me or any of my family was living there anymore.

betsy&david Harrison
07-29-2005, 11:27 AM
Put me on the list. I think if we all send say...$15.00 to $20.00 he might break even.

quincyfirefighter
07-30-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm in for $20.00 :) happy to hear that your FIL is ok.

6ballsisall
07-30-2005, 12:16 PM
Milk, I am so sorry to hear about your FIL. Most important I am glad he is safe and sounds like he has a good mindset on it.
Do the police have any lead on the guys who did this? Sounds like they deserve a 10 mile drag behind your MC with the rope tied to there feet.
Put me in for $25 for sure. You didn't ask for the help but we offered it, thats what makes the people on this site so great. So whos heading up the drive?