PDA

View Full Version : BIG/Viper problems on 2010 X-15

GoneBoatN
07-26-2011, 04:27 PM
I've been having some various issues with the BIG and saved rider settings. I know that editing a rider file via a text editor and importing causes the BIG/Viper to reset so learned not to do that. Resetting to defaults was the cure.

Now, I have a rider setting that was created/modified via the BIG itself that is acting up. I have the rider setting set for 50% KGB and when filling the tank it takes it to 100% then shuts off going completely past 50%. I created another rider that has 20% for each tank - port, starboard, and KGB - it takes port and starboard to 30% and KGB to 70%. Anyone else seeing anything similar? I have the problem reported to my dealer and they are waiting for Mastercraft to respond but it has now been more than a week.

I've seen others report the first issue here. Anyone seeing the second issue or similar?

lawdogg149
07-26-2011, 04:58 PM
I have the same boat and similar problems. My KGB tank says 10% when its full. My perfect pass also when set on say 20 mph will go as high as 26 mph or as low as 15 mph. No one has answer. System as a whole has many flaws. Depth finder goes off in 200 ft of water. Seems like major software issues on the 2010 models and no one knows how to fix.

GoneBoatN
07-27-2011, 05:14 PM
So if having issues holding speed in a rider setting for wakeboard setup I found that increasing the KDW value to 150 worked well. The default setting of 50 causes it to not hold speed well in my case.

The Perfect Pass document at http://www.perfectpass.com/download/usersmanuals/DBWMasterCraft_WakeboardPro2008Graphics6_5NgJune20 07.pdf describes KDW as - KDW (Throttle Pull Rate) – KDW can be changed using up or down keys. The higher the value, the more aggressive the control. Heavy boats may need higher values. Factory setting is about 180. Normal range is 120 – 200.

My depth finder only reads depth in very shallow water - 20-30ft or less.

Trig2275
07-27-2011, 05:47 PM
I have a 2010 X-15 also but haven't quite had any of the problems that you guys are having (knock on wood). I do believe that the previous owner did change some type of sensor in one of the ballast tanks though which sounds a little like one of your issues. Maybe look into that. I don't really mess with the rider settings anymore. I work my ballast tanks with the manual switches. When I worked them automatically through the BIG I didn't like it because I would have a rider set with say 0% KGB and switch to like econo cruise with 0% KGB also and I would hear the the pump kick on as if to make sure the tank was empty. I didn't care for that too much so I just went to using the switches. It takes about 30s for my tanks to overflow after the BIG reads 100% so I account for that. As far as the depth finder goes, I replaced my triducer because mine would start to cut out and the depth would just flash about half way through the day. My water temp would convert to celcius when the depth starting blinking. New triducer and problem solved....for now lol. I have Zero Off and haven't had any issues with it other than forgetting that's on and I can't figure out why the boat will only go 24mph!

GoneBoatN
09-13-2011, 03:30 PM
This is what I have discovered about ballast fill via the BIG.

The ballast fill via the rider settings is based upon time and not the %full of the tank that you will see on the BIG screen. I had an issue where the I set the fill to 50% and it was filling way past that. The dealer service mechanic (good guy) and MC via the dealer were stumbling around figuring out how to correct. The mechanic mentioned that he was told by MC the ballast ran via timer. If you read other posts about ballast you will read how you can adjust the timers - this appears not to be how you do it for systems equiped with BIG. On the BIG, go into System Setup and you will find Ballast Configuration where you can adjust the fill and empty times. I simply lowered my value until the pump ran for the period of time where it hit the % full I had for the rider setting. I feel this will not be the most accurate (running based upon time) but at least I now understand how it works.

I have an 2010 X-15, I don't know how much this applies to others so your mileage may vary.