PDA

View Full Version : Blower Issue - 1988 Prostar 190

kstock11
07-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Hi, I have a 1988 prostar 190, new to the mastercraft world, and the blower does not work when I hit the switch. I know next to nothing about the blower besides its function. Any help in trouble shooting this issue would be great. Is there a fuse that could be bad? Where is the blower it self located? Since its an '88 boat, is it possible that a new blower is needed?

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

TLR67
07-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Blower should be located on the drivers side on the rear of the block/floor area... During winterizing some water may have been left on the connections and caused them to corrode...

d2jp
07-26-2011, 03:13 PM
My blower is located right beside the starter, on the driver's side of the engine - about the size of a large soup can with a plastic bracket around it. A short piece of black flex pipe runs from the front of the blower (towards the bow) into the engine bay..it isn't connected to anything, this is the intake to remove fumes from the engine area. There is a white flex pipe that exits the blower (towards the stern). I think there is a reset on the switch panel...in the middle of the switches on the dash, have to tried to reset it there? Other than that, you might try jumping a 12v lead directly to the blower and see if it works that way. They are around $30 for a new one.

oldairboater
07-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Take a 12 volt test light and probe the wires at the blower motor with the clip connected to a ground. If you have 12 volts at the motor than your motor is bad or the ground on the motor is bad. If you don't have 12 volts on the motor--test the switch legs with the 12 volt test light the same way.

kstock11
07-28-2011, 07:34 AM
Thanks for all the replies, I will check it out on Saturday and see what I can figure out. I have tried the reset with no luck, but I will get a tester and try and figure out where I'm losing power. Thanks again, I'll let you know how it goes.