PDA

View Full Version : Surf Tab Problems

bjames
07-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Just the other day my port side surf tab quit working. Actually to be more specific, the actuator sounds like it wont stop, the sound the actuator makes when raising up or down will not stop - runs continously, but the tab does not move. If I try to override by changing the tab setting to starbord, the tab on the strb side works, but the port side doesnt move.

Any idea what could be wrong? The boat only has 9.5 hours on it and already lost a surf tab.:mad:

Is there a way to disengage the tabs? I see there is a breaker but cant find a way to turn power of to them untill they get fixed.

lawdogg149
07-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Good luck I have them but wish I would of saved the money. They dont do anything for me.

bjames
07-25-2011, 07:52 PM
So far I have to agree, I have tried different settings and found that the best wave is with all 3 tabs fully up. Changing the surf tabs only messes with the wave.

bjames
07-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Took the boat in for warranty and unfortunatly they could not replicate the problem. I know this is going to happen again while I am on the water, so anyone know how I can disengage the SurfTabs if this problem happens again? Is there a discojnnect switch somewhere? I looked at the breaker bock, but they only allow you to reset and not turn off.

peettee79
07-29-2011, 07:57 AM
Dont even bother gettin it fixed, Dont use em, they are useless !