PDA

View Full Version : Laurel Lake in KY

mzito
07-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Looking to travel to a lake in KY. Wondering if anyone knows about Laurel Lake? Ski course, conditions, etc????

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thx,
MZ

LakeLottawatta
07-26-2011, 09:27 AM
I hate to let the secret out, but Laurel Lake is an awesome place. It is not as big of a lake as the others around the area, so there aren't as many private coves, but the lake is really nice. I haven't been there in about 5 years, but the course was always maintained by a group of tournament skiers. It was always in great condition and had magnets. I highly recommend either campground, they were always clean and nice. Weekends can tend to get pretty busy, but we found that through the week or after labor day, the place is almost like your own private lake.

kyfooter
07-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Laurel Lake is terrible...don't go there...please. Go to Cumberland or Norris.

CantRepeat
07-26-2011, 01:22 PM

Says the stingy footer.

mzito
07-26-2011, 02:28 PM
I am picking up what your laying down Kyfooter....Don't worry I wont screw up your perfect H2O!!!

kyfooter
07-26-2011, 05:59 PM
Honestly, it's a great lake...my favorite. Started going there in 1988 and never went back to Cumberland. Slalom course is very nicely maintained as well. Most weekday evenings the local skiers are at the course and a few are awesome to watch, getting into 38' off and then some.

Holly Bay has a nicer campground than Grove, but Grove is closer to the course. Very clean water, National Forest, generally empty during the week, but crowded on weekends. Much more popular now since Cumberland is low which is unfortunate.

CantRepeat
07-26-2011, 06:21 PM
Honestly, it's a great lake...my favorite. Started going there in 1988 and never went back to Cumberland. Slalom course is very nicely maintained as well. Most weekday evenings the local skiers are at the course and a few are awesome to watch, getting into 38' off and then some.

Holly Bay has a nicer campground than Grove, but Grove is closer to the course. Very clean water, National Forest, generally empty during the week, but crowded on weekends. Much more popular now since Cumberland is low which is unfortunate.

Sounds like a great place to go do and watch some short line skiiing. :D Hopefully it stays that way.

fatthmjr
07-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Tim, when are we gonna surf? im off these next two weeks...harding during the week is barren...despite the storms today its been extremely smooth...let me know...mike

CantRepeat
07-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Tim, when are we gonna surf? im off these next two weeks...harding during the week is barren...despite the storms today its been extremely smooth...let me know...mike

Mike!! I had a post in the forums for you. The day after I saw out at the sandbar I was trying to contact you to do some surfing that next day. I'm not sure what the weekend looks like but I'm hoping clear enough to get out.

I've finally got the last part to get the custom sac stuff done. Maybe we can get something going thur or friday afternoon.

fatthmjr
07-28-2011, 04:17 PM
tim, sounds great, let me know when you wanna head out...im game for either day...

CantRepeat
07-28-2011, 04:41 PM
tim, sounds great, let me know when you wanna head out...im game for either day...

Mike,

PM'd you, but we were out for a few hours this morning. Spent some time trying to find your lake house.

We are going to the LOFT for dinner and the comedy show tonight. PM me your number. If we don't make it out tomorrow then Sat morning for sure.

Tim