PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Glue

timvan
07-25-2011, 09:13 AM
I have a few small areas coming unglued in the storage areas, Ive tried the 3m spray adhesive from home depot, also contact glue... neither have stayed.
whats the secret? Is there a glue that is more "moisture resistant?"

gatorguy
07-25-2011, 11:15 AM
I have some sagging carpet on the motor box. I have talked to a few carpet guys and they have said to use the 3M spray stuff. I haven't got it yet, but I may hold off now. Anyone else have trouble getting 3M to stick?

ahhudgins
07-25-2011, 11:21 AM
I have some sagging carpet on the motor box. I have talked to a few carpet guys and they have said to use the 3M spray stuff. I haven't got it yet, but I may hold off now. Anyone else have trouble getting 3M to stick?

I just glued a large section of carpet back in after fixing a leak. I was going to use the 3M but Lowes only had the DAP brand. Looks, smells, and worked the same as the 3M. I was working in the V-drive section so I caught a pretty good buzz.

-V-
07-25-2011, 11:33 AM
3M is good if you know how to use it. Used it to put back up the carpet under the sundeck and some other places. spray both sides that are going to be contacting, wait about 2 minutes for them to become tacky, then push as hard as you can till they sit right.......i havent had a problem since.