PDA

View Full Version : Another 95 Fuel Question

daubrey
07-24-2011, 11:20 PM
I have a 95 Prostar 190, and am having problems with the fuel system. Have read other post on here and found them to be really helpful. I have examined the fuel pump, the screen is clean, replaced the high pressurd fuel filter, and can easily blow through the filter on top of the fuel tank. After completing this "examination", the boat ran perfect for about 25 minutes, then starts acting up- as if not able to pump enough fuel. It has to be the pick up line in the tank- I think! When working on the fuel filter in this area, I did so by removing the back seat and middle backrest panel. So how does one go about gaining access to be able to remove the pick up line & examine the interior of the fuel tank? Also, I have read the comments about the siphon device, but this boat doesnt appear to have one. Is that correct?
Thanks.

TLR67
07-25-2011, 12:33 PM
You will need to remove the side panels, rear panel.. take off the bolts holding the tank to the stern and sides as well as taking off the fuel filler hose. Pull the tank out and the sending unit had bolts holding it in with a rubber gasket. Check the siphon valve or better yet replace it with one without a bearing in it... Some of the ethonal gas is clogging these up... If your doing all of this I would go ahead and remove the whole tank out of the boat and clean it out inside and out...

Tealchevy
07-25-2011, 12:39 PM
had the same problem with my 95 190 LT1. First it was the screen stopped up on the fuel pump and just this past weekend it left me stranded. Just found out that I just had to tap the pump twice with the handle of a screwdriver and it kicked back on.

daubrey
07-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the info- I didnt look specifically, but dont remeber seeing any fastners holding the top cushion (on top of the fuel tank). How does it come off?