milkmania
07-23-2011, 09:25 PM
need 13' of rubber trim for edge of motorbox

found some at various places, but I don't need 250' roll :rolleyes:

anybody got a source?

Jerseydave
07-23-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm not sure, try Graingers or McMasterCarr

BTW, I like the title of this thread so I had to click on it.

JimN
07-23-2011, 10:37 PM
need 13' of rubber trim for edge of motorbox

found some at various places, but I don't need 250' roll :rolleyes:

anybody got a source?

Go to an upholsterer or upholstery supply house. It's pretty standard stuff. Bart's or West Marine may have it, too.

bigmac
07-24-2011, 12:09 AM
Lots of sources for that Fairchild edge trim, but as noted they tend to want to sell it in big rolls.

I've bought it in 20-foot lengths from JC Whitney for around $20. You can also get it in white or with chrome edging. It's really good stuff. Flexible and it holds well. Tap it on with a little mallet. I used Marine GOOP to help secure it and some small stainless finish screws to help secure the ends, I'll bet 3M 5200 would work well too, although for the motor box the metal insert lip probably would hold it just fine. I used it around the lower edge of my fiberglass swim platform and it's held perfectly for several years.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/flexible-interior/exterior-trims/p2008663.jcwx?filterid=j1

/

thatsmrmastercraft
07-24-2011, 12:34 AM
Lots of sources for that Fairchild edge trim, but as noted they tend to want to sell it in big rolls.

I've bought it in 20-foot lengths from JC Whitney for around $20. You can also get it in white or with chrome edging. It's really good stuff. Flexible and it holds well. Tap it on with a little mallet. I used Marine GOOP to help secure it and some small stainless finish screws to help secure the ends, I'll bet 3M 5200 would work well too, although for the motor box the metal insert lip probably would hold it just fine. I used it around the lower edge of my fiberglass swim platform and it's held perfectly for several years.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/flexible-interior/exterior-trims/p2008663.jcwx?filterid=j1

/

Well done, sir. Tend to forget about JC Whitney. Can't be beat for some things.