PDA

View Full Version : x45 slalom wake

wxnic
07-23-2011, 02:04 AM
anyone have pics/video of slalom wake behind x45? shot in the dark for a couple recreational skiiers looking for a new family boat to surf/wakeboard behind.

JohnE
07-23-2011, 08:32 AM
anyone have pics/video of slalom wake behind x45? shot in the dark for a couple recreational skiiers looking for a new family boat to surf/wakeboard behind.

How many people will you normally carry? How large a lake? 45 is near the bottom of the list for a slalom wake, but of course you can still do it. X15 is probably the best all around boat.

gatorguy
07-23-2011, 12:09 PM

You can't be serious about expecting any type of quality slalom wake out of that monster. I'm my mind it's kind of like saying anyone got a picture of the wake behind a 'toon? You can "ski" behind anything. In fact just last week I watched a guy tearing it up behind a toon, it just wouldn't be the first thing I would look at when someone says ski boat.

DooSPX
07-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Are you buying used or new? If you are buying used, you can look at the X1, X14, any crossover boat will give you a "decent" wake for everything.

wxnic
07-23-2011, 05:11 PM
thanks for the amazing insight gatorguy! just considering options. we like the picklefront and usually have several people come out. x15 may be our best bet, but i really like the space in the x45.

maybe we'll just get a 'toon' if you can ski behind it!

Trig2275
07-23-2011, 05:20 PM
X-15 is the total package if you want a boat with a lot of room that does everything well. Tons of storage too. I wakeboard, surf and slalom behind ours. Easily can fit 8 adults and 4 kids and all your your gear.

wxnic
07-23-2011, 07:55 PM
thanks, and they're a little cheaper:)

gatorguy
07-23-2011, 08:10 PM
thanks for the amazing insight gatorguy! just considering options. we like the picklefront and usually have several people come out. x15 may be our best bet, but i really like the space in the x45.

maybe we'll just get a 'toon' if you can ski behind it!

I'm just bust'en your chops. I love to slalom, and probably will never own anything bigger than an x14. However I was just at the MC dealer a few weeks ago and was drooling over the X35, x45, and x55. For me the 45 and 55 are just too huge. I think the 35 would make a great bob around on the lake on the weekend with the family and still handle the big water on huge lakes like Powell, and still surf/board like a champ and those who where so inclined could don a ski and give that massive wake a whirl. I just wouldn't be one of them.