PDA

View Full Version : Power Tower - Removing ski pylon

bjames
07-22-2011, 12:11 PM
If I can find a way to remove the rope pylon & camera from the power tower will mean the difference of storing the boat in a garage or outside for the winter. Anyone know if this is a straight forward task? :confused:My garage has a 8' door and boat looks like it will fit if the pylon is removed. I kind of wish MC would have made this boat fit into a std garage like their other boats.

My boat is a 2011 X25 with the power tower/camera option.

H20BOY
07-22-2011, 12:24 PM
to get it in the garage, drop the air pressure in the tires. this will get you a few inches.

MIskier
07-22-2011, 12:26 PM
The camera and nav light is a snap fit item and once that is off you can unscrew the camera.

bjames
07-22-2011, 01:12 PM
The camera and nav light is a snap fit item and once that is off you can unscrew the camera.

Will that also allow me to remove the pylon?

I thought about the air in the tires, but I have low profile. Letting out 2 inches would be flat tires;)

Huskie05
07-22-2011, 01:29 PM

I thought about the air in the tires, but I have low profile. Letting out 2 inches would be flat tires;)

boatcovers.com

:D

bjames
07-22-2011, 01:34 PM
boatcovers.com

:D

Very funny:(

Thrall
07-22-2011, 06:23 PM
Can't comment on removing the pylon, but if you're just doing it for winter storage, maybe raising the trailer tongue real high or lowering it real low will get it to fit.
Other wise, if you cant rem the pylon, then find a pair of small tires and wheels that will fit on it and roll it in on 2 tires. Torsion axles will run on 2 wheels no problem and if you have a non oem trailer with leaf springs, strap up the unused axle and then roll in on 2 small tires.
The bolt pattern for my 06 trailer is the same as my '96 MC trailer and my Triton sled trailer.
All have 14" rims. Get a couple cheap steel wheels and the smallest 14" car tires you can find.

SOunds like removing the pylon is easier!

thatsmrmastercraft
07-22-2011, 07:51 PM
Can't comment on removing the pylon, but if you're just doing it for winter storage, maybe raising the trailer tongue real high or lowering it real low will get it to fit.
Other wise, if you cant rem the pylon, then find a pair of small tires and wheels that will fit on it and roll it in on 2 tires. Torsion axles will run on 2 wheels no problem and if you have a non oem trailer with leaf springs, strap up the unused axle and then roll in on 2 small tires.
The bolt pattern for my 06 trailer is the same as my '96 MC trailer and my Triton sled trailer.
All have 14" rims. Get a couple cheap steel wheels and the smallest 14" car tires you can find.

SOunds like removing the pylon is easier!

Or just a cheap pair of junkyard steel wheels........no need to have rubber on them while in the garage.

Thrall
07-22-2011, 09:39 PM
Good point!
In my garage you do. I just spent alot of time epoxying the floor!

thatsmrmastercraft
07-22-2011, 10:24 PM
Good point!
In my garage you do. I just spent alot of time epoxying the floor!

OK, cheap tires it is.

Thrall
07-23-2011, 12:14 AM
OK, cheap tires it is.

You should be able to fix him up with some!:D

thatsmrmastercraft
07-23-2011, 12:15 AM
You should be able to fix him up with some!:D

Perhaps inexpensive, but never cheap:D

MIskier
07-23-2011, 06:14 PM

I don't remember sorry I was going off of memory from installing a few last summer. If you post a pic I could tell you.