PDA

View Full Version : Waterproof/Cleaning Cover

HMF007
07-22-2011, 11:17 AM
I want to clean my cover this weekend. Problem is I cleaned it a while back and notice that it lost some of its water resistance. Is there a product I can buy at Lowe's or home depot and spray on the cover once cleaned and dried? The boat is always under cover where only mist from rain can get to it but I'm OCD about it.

BNIROOSTER
07-22-2011, 12:14 PM
I want to clean my cover this weekend. Problem is I cleaned it a while back and notice that it lost some of its water resistance. Is there a product I can buy at Lowe's or home depot and spray on the cover once cleaned and dried? The boat is always under cover where only mist from rain can get to it but I'm OCD about it.

I used camp dry, found at walmart in the shoe dept. A couple of cans of it made my cover slick as a babies butt.....also made it almost completely waterproof.

jamisonsbrodie
07-22-2011, 12:19 PM
I have used aqua-tite with good results. I just put it into a pump sprayer and applied it. You could also try 303 fabric guard. I haven't used it personally but their other products are top notch.

starman205
07-22-2011, 01:30 PM
I use the 303 fabric protector/water proofer on my cover and it works great!!! :)

east tx skier
07-22-2011, 01:31 PM
303 Fabric Guard is great for this. Look for the green label. Do not apply it while the cover is on the boat!