PDA

View Full Version : '82 M/C trailer serial #s location

iktomi
07-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Hey Guys, I did a search and couldn't find past posts oddly. I have a '82 S&Ss Im restoring and have the title but it dawned on me about the trailer Reg. Texas here. Im having a difficult time finding the S# on the trailer that I take for granted is the original. Can you help ?----

I looked underneath the tongue channel and above axle channel and just cant seem to find it----Whats the best step after I find it ? ---I DO NOT have the trailer Paperwork ...

ricford
07-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Without the trailer paper work it makes it tougher, but I would contact Mastercraft. They may be able to tell which trailer went with which boat if it is original. My 96 had an unreadable sticker, but I had the trailer title, and Mastercraft was able to send me a new sticker for the trailer.
Good Luck.

east tx skier
07-21-2011, 08:18 PM
Check on the left side of the tongue. That's where it was on my old one.

iktomi
07-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Check on the left side of the tongue. That's where it was on my old one.

Im taking for granted its a STAMPED # -----Is it or a Tag ? The whole trailer was previously primed and no consideration was taken to mask. How many digits aprox ? Thanx

josepcedwards
07-21-2011, 08:55 PM
It should be on the left side of the trailer, on the fender. Its prob not there, since you cant find it. Small metal badge, 2x4 in size maybe.

Cloaked
07-21-2011, 09:00 PM
How many digits aprox ? ThanxHere's one from an 83 I owned.

19MABAP11C1000172

Should have been on a tag as stated.

ski_king
07-21-2011, 09:04 PM
My 82 has a silver tag on the left side of the trailer about 4 or 5 feet back from the tongue.
My has been unreadable for about 25 years now. Good luck.

iktomi
07-21-2011, 09:08 PM
It should be on the left side of the trailer, on the fender. Its prob not there, since you cant find it. Small metal badge, 2x4 in size maybe.

The Fiberglass Fender ??? I will look but couldnt imagine it being there. Let me check. Iv hunted S#s for years on tractors to corvettes to harleys and they tend to be "More Permanent" I will take a look though.

Thanx. ----Haha --Its always the last place you look ! <<<<<Of course.

iktomi
07-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Well---SOB if there arent 4 holes in the FG that are in fact 2x4 give or take and no tag---Are there alternatives ? Whats the best way to go now ---Remember I am Texas

tex599
07-22-2011, 01:50 AM
I live in TX and when you go to register it, just tell them it is a homemade trailer, then you don't have to have a serial #. I did this on my bass boat and it works fine. In TX you don't have to have title for the trailer to sell it.

iktomi
07-22-2011, 02:18 AM
I live in TX and when you go to register it, just tell them it is a homemade trailer, then you don't have to have a serial #. I did this on my bass boat and it works fine. In TX you don't have to have title for the trailer to sell it.

Thanx Tex---That is starting to confirm what Iv heard.

ski_king
07-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Here is a photo of mine on my 82.