PDA

View Full Version : Star Gazer Perfect Pass - how easy

tcmercil
07-21-2011, 11:42 AM
So I picked up the Stargazer Perfect Pass and have it all unpacked and it seems shockingly easy to install

Master module
gps/engine connector
GPS module
display connector
and dash display?

I've been searching for some instructions on what to do behind my 2006 MC X1 Dash, but it seems it's all plug and play?

Am I missing something here, I'm a pretty confident around the boat, but this seems like there should be something else to this?? or is it really this easy to isntall in my DBW MC.

BrianM
07-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Its easy plug and play.

onejdgreen
07-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Its pretty simple, upgraded to StarGazer PP myself this spring. Plug and play...

agarabaghi
07-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Did you have PP before? I would like to know how different it is to install and what you need to swap out...

tcmercil
07-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Thanks guys, I know there are a ton of threads on here for this, so I do appreciate it! It looks like that engine connector is beind the kick panel? That's about the only gotcha in the whole install isn't it? Also heard about weak grounding wires with the 06's any thought on that, and needing: this

"The one thing not show or discussed anywhere was the ground plug that connects on the back of your motor- the ALDL
I ended up picking this plug up from my dealer for $15. They did caution me that the 06's are notorious for having grounding issues, so good luck!""

Craig
07-21-2011, 01:05 PM
The hardest thing, by far, is running the cables to the servo (or ECM if you are TBW). Outside of that it is really easy.

Wouter
07-22-2011, 06:23 AM
Thanks guys, I know there are a ton of threads on here for this, so I do appreciate it! It looks like that engine connector is beind the kick panel? That's about the only gotcha in the whole install isn't it? Also heard about weak grounding wires with the 06's any thought on that, and needing: this

"The one thing not show or discussed anywhere was the ground plug that connects on the back of your motor- the ALDL
I ended up picking this plug up from my dealer for $15. They did caution me that the 06's are notorious for having grounding issues, so good luck!""

I think boats in general are notorious for grounding issues ;)

tcmercil
07-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Well not as easy as I thought.... Install went fine / dash is up but motor is not being taken over by the pp / everything I read says grounding or this special plug that is needed?? Thoughts??

sand2snow22
07-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Well not as easy as I thought.... Install went fine / dash is up but motor is not being taken over by the pp / everything I read says grounding or this special plug that is needed?? Thoughts??

You have to take the boat to the dealer so they can reflash your ECM.