PDA

View Full Version : PS 214 dimensions for garage

Ski-me
07-20-2011, 12:21 PM
We are adding a new garage to our fixer house and it would be nice if I ever go to a 214, it would fit in the garage. Right now, we have 9 feet wide, 8 feet tall and a depth of about 23 feet.

Can I get a 214 in there?

nauti-dreamer
07-20-2011, 02:01 PM
We are adding a new garage to our fixer house and it would be nice if I ever go to a 214, it would fit in the garage. Right now, we have 9 feet wide, 8 feet tall and a depth of about 23 feet.

Can I get a 214 in there?

It would be tight. I rented for winter storage of our PS214 and the 9' wide doors were challenging. It wasn't bad doing it a few times a year but if I had to do it on a regular basis I would definitely prefer 10' (which is what I have now).

23' deep would also be a little close for comfort. Especially if you leave the swim platform on. The tongue will swing away but I'm a fan of more space.

In my book if you're going through the hassle of an addition for the boat you're better off to error on the heavy side versus the light side. You can always find a way to use that extra space. But if it's too small, you'll always have the regret.

Ski-me
07-20-2011, 02:13 PM
It would be tight. I rented for winter storage of our PS214 and the 9' wide doors were challenging. It wasn't bad doing it a few times a year but if I had to do it on a regular basis I would definitely prefer 10' (which is what I have now).

23' deep would also be a little close for comfort. Especially if you leave the swim platform on. The tongue will swing away but I'm a fan of more space.

In my book if you're going through the hassle of an addition for the boat you're better off to error on the heavy side versus the light side. You can always find a way to use that extra space. But if it's too small, you'll always have the regret.

Well, it sounds like it would be tight but doable anyways. The plan is to build a shop later down the road so that would be the "more permanent" place for it but wanted to see if it could at least fit in if needed.

The depth right now is 28' but with cabinets and some walking room, I said 23'.....

How close to the sides do the fenders get on each side? Say 6"?

Thanks for the help.

Thrall
07-20-2011, 07:00 PM
I believe all the trailers are just shy of 96" fender to fender. The wider the boat, the higher it sits up over the fenders and the wider the guide poles are.
My old 190 would just barely go thru an 8'wide door, rubbed the door seals.
My X2 trailer is the same width, but the guide poles are bent out and well over 8' out to out.

Jim@BAWS
07-20-2011, 07:04 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/boats/specification/ps214

rgardjr1
07-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Jeff my bubble was burst a few days ago when I read that an X-25 wouldn't make it through an 8' high garage door with the tower down. It would be nice to have some height specs for all the boats on trailer with towers down. Did you guys leave any fish up in Alaska last week?

MCVOLS
07-20-2011, 10:41 PM
I have an x-14 and keep it in my basement garage. Had a '93 PS205 when I built the house, and I went 9' wide with the door. I didn't think too much about height because at the time towers were just starting to show up on boats, so it is normal 8' high. The x-14 does fit with the tower down, and I take it in and out every weekend. It is not the easiest thing to do, but for me it is worth doing to keep it inside. Once you add the trim on the doors, the guide poles just barely fit, but yes, a 214 with tower down will go in an 8' high x 9' wide door.

My garage is 27' deep, and that allows plent of space to get around it on all sides, once it is in. I would have to measure, but I think 23' is doable with trailer folded, and pladform dropped.

JohnE
07-21-2011, 08:07 AM
My new garage space for my X14 coincidentally has 9' wide, 7' high door and ~24' depth. There is no more than a half inch space on each side of the trailer guide poles. Height makes it but I need to remove half of the slalom rack. Board rack fits. There is an 18" deep shelf I have just over 22' 6" depth and it fits with maybe 1" to spare with tongue folded. Kind of a drag coming from a garage with a 16x10 door and 28' depth where I could zip it in with tower up and boards and ski's on racks.

MCVOLS
07-21-2011, 08:43 AM
good point on removing 1/2 the slalom rack, I have to do that as well. Also, I have to unzip the oustide section of the bimini top, and lean it back until it clears the door.

JohnE
07-21-2011, 08:49 AM
good point on removing 1/2 the slalom rack, I have to do that as well. Also, I have to unzip the oustide section of the bimini top, and lean it back until it clears the door.

Another good point, I needed to remove my bimini. I forget why....I think to fold the racks closer??? It was February and there was 3' of snow lining the driveway, so I was just glad I got it in at all. Wasn't paying close attention to little nuances.

Ski-me
07-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Well, it sounds like it will fit without an issue (but tight). It's not the primary spot and I plan on keeping the 205 for the forseeable future. Now, if we can just get the re-model within budget. :o

Adding a 3 car and then converting the old one to a family room.

Rick, we had a blast up there! I just moving pictures right now....took over 800 pictures!
All catch and release Trout. I was able to catch 2 sockeyes so that was a lot of fun! I post some pics when I get a chance. Kids still at Hayden....sounds like the weather has been mixed up there.

mramerman@gmail.com
07-21-2011, 02:07 PM
Well, it sounds like it will fit without an issue (but tight). It's not the primary spot and I plan on keeping the 205 for the forseeable future. Now, if we can just get the re-model within budget. :o

Adding a 3 car and then converting the old one to a family room.

Rick, we had a blast up there! I just moving pictures right now....took over 800 pictures!
All catch and release Trout. I was able to catch 2 sockeyes so that was a lot of fun! I post some pics when I get a chance. Kids still at Hayden....sounds like the weather has been mixed up there.

Just my $0.02. I have a '10 x14v (PS214) and keep it in a 25' garage. I have about 6" to spare. My rough measurement put the boat (with folded swim platform) at 23' to folded trailer tongue. On a practical basis I have about 1' to spare (6" bow and stern). I would say you need +2'.

rgardjr1
07-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Rick, we had a blast up there! I just moving pictures right now....took over 800 pictures! All catch and release Trout. I was able to catch 2 sockeyes so that was a lot of fun! I post some pics when I get a chance. Kids still at Hayden....sounds like the weather has been mixed up there.

Good to hear that the fish were biting. Weather has been an adventure this summer. Today it's looking like thunder storms ... Heading up to Priest on Sunday for a week keeping my fingers crossed!