PDA

View Full Version : Oh IGO!

X45fun
07-19-2011, 11:10 PM
Ok,
Its a beautiful day at Havasu. I have my new X45 in the cove in front of our house. I am extremely excited that I have a new gopro camera. It looks like a great product. Stick it anywhere and you have video of all your fun. I spent approximately 8 hours trying to figure out the two F$%&g buttons that control about 100 different options. By the 4th hour I have 20 minutes of video of myself looking at the front of the camera trying to figure out what the two stupid buttons do. I didn't realize my chin was so fat until I had to watch those videos. Well, I finally figured it out. So I proudly went down to the boat to stick it on the transom where I would get the most unbelievable shots of my kids wake boarding behind my new boat. I must have spent 30 minutes making sure it was in the perfect spot, with just the right angle so when the boat was up on plane it would capture those marvelous shots. It was perfect. i was ready to go. So all three of my kids and the wife jumped in the boat. We decided at the last minute to attach the tube (I know, a tube on ax x45?). So with the kids loaded on the three man tube I proudly gassed it. I made a perfect right hand turn and "PLINK" I saw my wife lung up with her hands outstretched like she was catching a baby. I looked behind my left shoulder and saw that $300 dollar camera flying straight up in the air like it was flicked by a giant thumb. I then realized that having a camera sticking up on your transom when the line is on the ski pylon was as stupid as buying it in the first place. By the way Gopro's dont' float. It sank like lead weight. So, other than that it was a marvelous day on Havasu........No pictures to show for it though... Somewhere there is a video of a big fish looking at the blinking red light on the bottom of Havasu.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
07-19-2011, 11:16 PM
damn tubes...

CantRepeat
07-19-2011, 11:19 PM
damn tubes...

Concur. 8p

Huskie05
07-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Please post the video when you find the camera. :D

Skipper
07-19-2011, 11:29 PM
I thought everyone who bought an X45 did so with the intent of pulling tubes? Too bad about the camera. Sounds like it wasn't that great anyhow. At least you still got your tube.

DemolitionMan
07-19-2011, 11:32 PM
How deep was the water?

X45fun
07-19-2011, 11:39 PM
I thought everyone who bought an X45 did so with the intent of pulling tubes? Too bad about the camera. Sounds like it wasn't that great anyhow. At least you still got your tube.

Ouch!

This was actually the first time we used a tube because my kids brought friends that dont know how to wakeboard. Ok I thought, why not.... Cheaper than spending $100 on gas to teach the little buggers how to wakeboard... Turned out the $100 in gas would have been cheaper.

coz
07-19-2011, 11:43 PM
Ok,
Its a beautiful day at Havasu. I have my new X45 in the cove in front of our house. I am extremely excited that I have a new gopro camera. It looks like a great product. Stick it anywhere and you have video of all your fun. I spent approximately 8 hours trying to figure out the two F$%&g buttons that control about 100 different options. By the 4th hour I have 20 minutes of video of myself looking at the front of the camera trying to figure out what the two stupid buttons do. I didn't realize my chin was so fat until I had to watch those videos. Well, I finally figured it out. So I proudly went down to the boat to stick it on the transom where I would get the most unbelievable shots of my kids wake boarding behind my new boat. I must have spent 30 minutes making sure it was in the perfect spot, with just the right angle so when the boat was up on plane it would capture those marvelous shots. It was perfect. i was ready to go. So all three of my kids and the wife jumped in the boat. We decided at the last minute to attach the tube (I know, a tube on ax x45?). So with the kids loaded on the three man tube I proudly gassed it. I made a perfect right hand turn and "PLINK" I saw my wife lung up with her hands outstretched like she was catching a baby. I looked behind my left shoulder and saw that $300 dollar camera flying straight up in the air like it was flicked by a giant thumb. I then realized that having a camera sticking up on your transom when the line is on the ski pylon was as stupid as buying it in the first place. By the way Gopro's dont' float. It sank like lead weight. So, other than that it was a marvelous day on Havasu........No pictures to show for it though... Somewhere there is a video of a big fish looking at the blinking red light on the bottom of Havasu.

When you get the new GoPro to replace the one on the bottom of the lake give me a shout, my friend makes a GoFloat so if it does go in the drink it won't sink. Sorry to hear about the first gopro bro :D

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/149219_135326699855780_100001353517462_183568_6576 521_n.jpg

ShawnB
07-19-2011, 11:50 PM
I have am oversized float attached to mine. I like the little life jacket idea better since the float sometimes blocks my shot

kskonn
07-20-2011, 12:12 AM
once you learn how to use a gopro they are awesome, they take great video and are easy to put in a lot of places.

MasterKraftS&S
07-20-2011, 12:27 AM
Call Scuba Steve!! He'll get the Gopro back!:cry: PS Tubes get more air on a Fly Hi - AND you'd have it on film!

carisch
07-25-2011, 10:43 AM
14.99 could have saved the day.

http://gopro.com/camera-accessories/floaty-backdoor/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NewProd-Floaty-Backdoor&utm_content=NewProd-1-ProdImg-Learn-More

milehigh970
07-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Omg... You know that lil white booklet you probably threw to the side when you opened the box?? Those are instructions! Read them then it takes 5 minutes to set up a go pro! My buddy has made multiple 155mph passes with the stock suction cup attachment.. Works great just make sure you wipe surface clean and press hard!

X45fun
07-25-2011, 11:28 PM
Omg... You know that lil white booklet you probably threw to the side when you opened the box?? Those are instructions! Read them then it takes 5 minutes to set up a go pro! My buddy has made multiple 155mph passes with the stock suction cup attachment.. Works great just make sure you wipe surface clean and press hard!

You would be a good wife...8p

milehigh970
07-25-2011, 11:49 PM
You would be a good wife...8p

Lol must be the years of hearing it rubbing off on me.

Cobra Rob
07-26-2011, 02:25 AM
How funny I got the email for this now accessory today

http://gopro.com/camera-accessories/floaty-backdoor/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NewProd-Floaty-Backdoor&utm_content=NewProd-1-ProdImg-Learn-More

http://gopro.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/PDP_Floaty_s1.683x426.jpg

scott023
07-26-2011, 09:59 AM

Wha chew talkin about Willis? :D

scott023
07-26-2011, 10:03 AM

Please post up pics of your buddies boat. A friend of mine just set the world speed record at the World Championships for river jet boat racing... and he's not even close to 155. I want to see what this thing looks like.

X45fun
07-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Lol must be the years of hearing it rubbing off on me.

It's all good!

Although two unmarked buttons to access and change over 20 functions is a little user unfriendly in my humble opinion.

SS LS1
07-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Sorry to hear about your problems, but that last line made me laugh out loud! :D

".. Somewhere there is a video of a big fish looking at the blinking red light on the bottom of Havasu."

Classic! 8p

gatorguy
07-26-2011, 12:59 PM
Please post up pics of your buddies boat. A friend of mine just set the world speed record at the World Championships for river jet boat racing... and he's not even close to 155. I want to see what this thing looks like.

My guess is in a car, not a boat.

scott023
07-26-2011, 01:05 PM

We will have to see. 155mph boats are pretty rare I think.

TxsRiverRat
07-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Our club has an award "The Broken Ski" thats given out to the biggest bonehead of the year.

You my friend would be in the running for it... :)

I am trying to get the current holder of the award to send me a pic of it so I can update the history of winners and have a nice pic of it. It's literally a 25 yr old wood glass broken ski shoved into a big brass propeller... Each year the "winner" (LOL) has to add something to it as a rememberance as to why it was won.

The year I won it, I'm not sure why I won it as i did two boneheaded things: I had a boat trailer fall on my foot, and I side swiped a t-post with my trailer, bending the axle and wheel. I added a teva sandal to the award...

MC

X45fun
07-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Our club has an award "The Broken Ski" thats given out to the biggest bonehead of the year.

You my friend would be in the running for it... :)

I am trying to get the current holder of the award to send me a pic of it so I can update the history of winners and have a nice pic of it. It's literally a 25 yr old wood glass broken ski shoved into a big brass propeller... Each year the "winner" (LOL) has to add something to it as a rememberance as to why it was won.

The year I won it, I'm not sure why I won it as i did two boneheaded things: I had a boat trailer fall on my foot, and I side swiped a t-post with my trailer, bending the axle and wheel. I added a teva sandal to the award...

MC

LOL.. I would hope this "ranks" as it is probably one of the biggest bonehead moves of the year. I am confident in my stupidity ;) and am not above admitting what a bonehead thing this was. Bring on the trophy!

TxsRiverRat
07-26-2011, 02:10 PM
LOL.. I would hope this "ranks" as it is probably one of the biggest bonehead moves of the year. I am confident in my stupidity ;) and am not above admitting what a bonehead thing this was. Bring on the trophy!

LOL, you'd have to be an MSC member, but if you were you'd probably still not win because they'd love to find out what i did this year, and i seriously doubt it could be beat... I bet I;d be the 1st club president to win it... :D

TxsRiverRat
07-26-2011, 02:11 PM
I might mention, i will not disclose what I did this year until the award has been given to its new home... Everyone will wait till January 2012!

Jim@BAWS
07-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Please post the video when you find the camera. :D

Is the camera wireless???

milehigh970
07-27-2011, 10:08 PM

Yeah car not boat... Sorry should of clarified ;) Whoa can you imagine 155 on the water!

scott023
07-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Yeah car not boat... Sorry should of clarified ;) Whoa can you imagine 155 on the water!

Think one would sh!te a brick. :D

TxsRiverRat
07-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Look at this video at 3:06 - I think we know how the camera went overboard...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-gfCkLFrfc

Lars
07-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Somewhere online I saw a video of a gopro mounted to a remote control boat, and then the little thing goes through a flock of geese and a jerk of the camera and then you see the camera slowly sink to the bottom...

agarabaghi
07-28-2011, 05:20 PM
so they recovered it apparently...?

Lars
07-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Must have!

Here it is.

http://vimeo.com/19156526

pmkkdx
07-29-2011, 12:01 PM
LOL at the video chasing ducks ... that looks like Town Lake (Lady Bird Lake now) in Austin, TX? around the old Holley Street Power plant...