PDA

View Full Version : New X-25 - Perfect Pass?? Not so Perfect

bjames
07-19-2011, 04:28 PM
My previous boat had a Perfect Pass that seemed to operate a lot different to the perfect pass integrated into the BIG display. Here is my problem;

If I set the PP to 10mph, the boat will accelerate beyond the set point, at time hitting 15 mph before setteling down to 10mph. This is not good for surfing as it puts the boat on plane too soon loosing the wave. Another thing I noticed is that if the cruise is set, moving the throttle seems to override the cruise, meaning if i hit a bump that pushed the throttle forward, the boat speeds up.:mad:

With my last boat, once the cruise is set, you can move the throttle all the way forward and it will have no affect on the set speed.

Is this normal to have the throttle overide the cruise?

CantRepeat
07-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Does the boat say it is "perfect pass" or is it some other form of speed control like the old Mastercraft cruise control?

I'm not familiar with the BIG but it doesn't sound like PP to me.

Trig2275
07-19-2011, 04:33 PM
I have Zero Off cruise on my BIG and it overrides the throttle. When we surf we just throttle up slowly and when we get to 10.6mph it turns green and locks on.

ShawnB
07-19-2011, 04:38 PM
You can adjust the KDW to be a higher number (which will force PP to make quicker adjustments). I have mine at 200 for wakeboarding and surfing profiles.

bjames
07-19-2011, 04:41 PM
Definatly the Perfect Pass. When i go into the Cruise screen, the Perfect Pass logo appears and goes through a mini boot-up process.

I was playing with the cruise on my maiden voyage on the weekend and found that it is not nearly as accurate and responsive as the older stand alone system that i have on my non-mastercraft boat. On my last boat, I set the speed, advance throttle, then an auditable beep sounds indicating the cruise is set and has taken control. From that piont the cruise overides the throttle except for slowing down.

I also found that if i set the cruise to 10mph, then using the '+' button to increase set point to 11mph, the boat wouldnt speed up, it was just maintain anywhere from 9.3 to 10.3mph. I wasnt impressed. Not sure if its a settings issue or needs new firmware.:confused:

CantRepeat
07-19-2011, 04:46 PM
If it is PP then you can lower the CS value and it will not over shoot the speed as bad. If you set it too low PP might start burping and drop off.

And as the last post said, the KDW will make the changes in speed more aggressive.

I do not know what to tell you about the throttle movement taking control of the boat. My PP doesn't do this but I do not have BIG. I think I have version 7 software.

Trig2275
07-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Doesn't sound right. My Zero Off goes up incrementally by .2mph every time I hit the + sign for as much as I want. That's how I taught my kids to wakeboard. Set at 16mph and once they were up I just kept hitting the + until the wake was nice and clean at around 19mph.

Once the cruise is on the throttle is dead as far as increasing speed with it.

FourFourty
07-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Just adjust the KDW to a higher number. That will probably fix you right up. When I was first pulling with my X25, the KDW was set at the default (50) and the PP was not nearly as responsive.

Also, after you throttle up to the set point, push the throttle a little past what you stopped at. The PP should take over completely. if it doesnt, you have a problem.

Making adjustments to the KDW, makes a huge difference though!!

ShawnB
07-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Definatly the Perfect Pass. When i go into the Cruise screen, the Perfect Pass logo appears and goes through a mini boot-up process.

I was playing with the cruise on my maiden voyage on the weekend and found that it is not nearly as accurate and responsive as the older stand alone system that i have on my non-mastercraft boat. On my last boat, I set the speed, advance throttle, then an auditable beep sounds indicating the cruise is set and has taken control. From that piont the cruise overides the throttle except for slowing down.

I also found that if i set the cruise to 10mph, then using the '+' button to increase set point to 11mph, the boat wouldnt speed up, it was just maintain anywhere from 9.3 to 10.3mph. I wasnt impressed. Not sure if its a settings issue or needs new firmware.:confused:

That's not how it works on our 2011 X25. You dump the throttle and when it gets close to the desired speed the PP engages (no more beep, just the engine throttles down a bit). I have noticed it can creep up to 1 mph faster than the set point but nothing like you are saying. On the old X2 I could increase throttle (when going around a sharp corner for instance) and the engine would comply but with this boat if I add more throttle the engine ignores me.

Only difference between our two boats is that you have the Indmar and not the Ilmor.

Tri4X2
07-19-2011, 05:13 PM
I agree with the KDW. Made a difference in our X-2... sorry no x-25 here, but maybe in a few years.

hragsarkissian
07-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Brainstorming here...but have you activated pp (pressing the cruise control button) before moving the throttle. Make sure that it says speed on or something like that (I have zero off). What you described sounds like a "non existent" cruise control.

CantRepeat
07-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Brainstorming here...but have you activated pp (pressing the cruise control button) before moving the throttle. Make sure that it says speed on or something like that (I have zero off). What you described sounds like a "non existent" cruise control.

If it over shoots the selected speed and then returns to that speed without moving the throttle it must be doing something. I'm thinking just some bad default settings. :confused:

AusX22010
07-20-2011, 06:17 AM
Had the same trouble with 2010 x2. The only fix for wake surfing was to change to RPM mode and works great. Give it a try.

peettee79
07-20-2011, 07:20 AM
Ive got a 2009 X2 with PP and I can override the speed by pushing the throttle down and it increases speed, I reckon is a handy feature for surfing, when your turning you can give it a bit more to get the wave back faster, also it can get you out of trouble if needed.
It does creep up and down a touch, not much, +1-1mph