PDA

View Full Version : THANKS to Kawartha Propeller

rhsprostar
07-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Just wanted to thank Kawartha propeller for the incredibly quick and truly perfect job they did on our club Acme prop.

I somehow managed to hit a magnet last week while pulling for jump which took a chunk out of our near new Acme CNC prop. We had taken the oem prop in to the local Prop shop for repair but when we took it out of the box, it looked like someone had fixed it with a sledgehammer and some bubblegum. We put it on anyway and it was actually worse than the damaged Acme prop we had just taken off.

So the boat was out of commission........yikes.
Anyway we overnighted the Acme prop to Kawartha Propeller and it only arrived a 2pm the next day. They knew the situation and tight time line we were on and managed to get the prop completed but 5pm that DAY! Unreal.......
We had a club member pick it up and we were doing sets the next morning.

I wish I had taken pics of the before and after for the CNC prop. It had a half inch by 2 inch chunk out of one of the blades........I figured they would fix it but it would never really look like a new CNC prop with the ridges cut into it...
WRONG...IT CAME BACK PERFECT! And i mean perfect....you could not tell that that prop was not a new one...seriously.....

Apparently the facility was incredible and there were props there from all over North America.
If you need prop repair done right please give these people a call.....amazing.

PS We still haven't got the original prop back from the local prop shop yet....I have a feeling we will be sending this one off to Kawartha Prop as well.

ricford
07-18-2011, 09:37 PM
Have to agree with you on this one. We're near Gravenhurst and they send a guy on a pickup run to the local marinas on Tuesdays and Fridays. Dinged my SS prop on my outboard on Sunday, took it to my local marina and I had it back good as new for the next weekend.

CottagerGreg
07-19-2011, 12:36 AM
what are their deets.... in case I need to use them or any friends of mine.

ricford
07-19-2011, 12:49 AM
flashydubber, that boat looks familiar. You're not on Sparrow Lake are you?

ricford
07-19-2011, 01:10 AM
If you're the guy I think you are, I took mine to John at Sopher's and he sent it to them.

rhsprostar
07-19-2011, 07:32 AM
http://www.buckhornyachtharbour.com/prop.php

We dealt with John and he was fantastic.

That ACME prop looked new, really it did.....