PDA

View Full Version : New ski, finally!!

gatorguy
07-17-2011, 01:56 PM
So I finally picked up a new ski on Friday. I got a brand new A1 with double Animals for $600. I think I did pretty well. And for that price I don't mind skiing last years stuff.

I ran the course on it the day I got it thinking that if I did ok I would run in the comp the next day. Well, having not skied the course in two years, and then only a few times, I only made 3 balls at 15 off, so I didn't compete. I took it out again yesterday and now I can bearly move. I really love the new ski, my last one was a '95 HO Turbo.

I plan to practice a bunch and enter the next comp in Aug.

Skipper
07-17-2011, 03:56 PM
Brand new A1 with double Aniamls for $600! You are a gifted consumer. I never seem to land a good deal like that. How does the A1 feel? Fast across the wakes? Smooth turning? Does it require perfect form or is it forgiving?

gatorguy
07-17-2011, 08:44 PM
I hardly have perfect form, so I could hardly tell you anything objective. I can tell you that my onside turn is better than ever, however my off side turn is worse. I can't seem to dump speed off the second wake into my off side turn and I build tons of slack.

It does feel great though.

Skipper
07-17-2011, 10:06 PM
I ask because I have been a D3 skier for some time now. I am contemplating the new D3 Fusion for next season, but I am also thinking about the HO S1. Just curious.

Be sure to release after the second wake and get your hips in front of you. That will help you set up for an arcing turn which may help.

JohnE
07-18-2011, 09:30 AM
That is a great price, where did you buy it?

gatorguy
07-18-2011, 04:46 PM
This was an un-advertised special one time deal from a guy I know. Did I mention it was my birthday, and I did a lot of groveling. I'm not proud....