PDA

View Full Version : Prop and Rotor allignment

charrison327
07-17-2011, 11:00 AM
I have never noticed before, but my rotor and prop do not line up together. My rotor is positioned to the left of the prop. I only noticed this because I just replaced the prop (thanks to Eric at OJ). This is the first MC I've owned or inboard for that matter and I have attempted to find one on a trailer somewhere around and look at it, but haven't been able to find one. I was wondering if this was normal or has it been bent and damaged. The boat drives and turns fine, just not sure if it is supposed to be like this or not. It's a 96 Prostar 190.

mtajpa
07-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Do you mean rudder? I'm sure you do and yes it is by design for the rudder to be offset.

bigmac
07-17-2011, 11:35 AM
It might be done that way to accomodate propeller torque, or maybe to get it out of the way of the thrust stream, or it might just be so that you can get the prop off or the shaft out...but yes, it's designed that way.

charrison327
07-17-2011, 12:10 PM
lol....and yes I meant rudder, sorry about that. I was kind of thinking it was supposed to be that way based on the fact nothing appeared to be damaged, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks a lot.