PDA

View Full Version : 05 X45 Transmission Problems

boatjunky
07-17-2011, 11:44 AM
After a day of pullin 3 or 4 hrs. fully loaded with stock ballast and fuel with 8 people on board, we finnished pulling in our last run. Ballist was not empty when i took off to head to the ramp. I took off and motor hit the rev limiter boat stoped moveing and loud noise coming from bell housing area. I smelled what i thought to be a belt. I have no foward or reverse but motor seem to be fine. What is your best guess? I am new to Mastercraft but i do have some mec experience. I am thinking engagement plate and wanting to try to replace my self.

mtajpa
07-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Sounds like your on the right track. You could remove the starter and look for any parts to confirm if it is the damper plate.

Apatski S&S 77
07-17-2011, 10:26 PM
Hey Boatjunky,

If it is the damper plate, I just bought on for my MasterCraft. You didn't say which engine you have?? The plate on the address below will fit a small block chevy and will also fit small block fords by trimming the ends of the plate. It has the best price I could find, $41.00. It is the same plate that the other places sell for much much more.

I had to rebuild my tranny so I figured after 2000 hours the damper plate was ready for replacement. I will finish mine up and be back on the lake this week!!!!

This is the address: https://www.marineandrvpartssupply.com/velvetDrive_parts_List.html

Hope this is some help. I will check back if you have questions.

Apatski S&S 77
07-17-2011, 10:32 PM
One more thought. The man at Marine and RV Parts was very helpful and has good knowledge of the trannys and damper plates. He had great information for me. He told me to tighten the damper plate to the flywheel after the tranny is in place with a bent wrench through the starter hole so the plate is lined up to the input shaft on the tranny before tightening. I am going to heat a wrench and bend it to fit for mine.

No damper plate, No boat, No ski, NO FUN!! Hope you get it fixed soon.

boatjunky
07-19-2011, 12:57 AM
I am running an Indmar 380 hp motor. Still nor sure if i will attemp this or let the dealer do it. Thank you for the info.