PDA

View Full Version : 2008 X30 stalling. Ideas? I am lost

markh
07-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Hello everyone,

Really hoping someone has some ideas on this. Really had to take it to a dealer for me. Far away and $$$. Also like to fix things myself if possible.

BOAT:
I just purchased a 2008 X-30 with the LY6 400HP and 80 hours on it.
It came with about 1/8 of a tank of gas with sta-bil added to it from last seasons winterizing.
Also, last year, the fuel module/pump was changed as it died as they do on these boats.

Situation:
Filled with premium fuel before starting. Ran fine for 30 minutes, then started sputtering and stalling when letting off the throttle to stop. Then would not start for a few minutes. Then after 3 or 4 minutes, it starts but feels like it may be running a bit rough. Higher RPM seems ok, but its hard to tell.

So, I replaced the fuel module as it really sounded like the culprit after reading all of these threads. Filter on the bottom of the pump too. $700!

After that, it ram perfectly for 2+ hours. Then, sure enough, slowing down to a 10MPH cruise for a few min then idle, it sputtered and died. Would not immediately restart either. Left it for minutes and vroom! Started right up. Maybe running a bit rough still.

Ideas, things to check..........

markh
07-16-2011, 05:23 PM
I have a dealer coming this afternoon to hook up a VAGCOM.
Does anyone have experience with these? Wondering how much can be told from one?
Like if it is spark plugs, or wires, or fuel injectors, do this tell you that?

Goalie_ken
07-16-2011, 09:14 PM
I don't think the VAGCOM will work? Thats a VW tool. The factory scan tool should help narrow down the issue. My buddy has the same boat that had a problem with TBW sensor. Dealer replaced the console containing the throttle sensor and said they have seen many problems with them and have since updated the units.

Jim@BAWS
07-16-2011, 10:56 PM
DIACOM...anyway....First of all $700 for a FUEL PUMP...Who SOLD you that???. It should be about $450 USD under standard markup.

STABIL is worthless use K100 or an additive for ethanol based fuels. Sometimes updating plugs on the LY6 is a help. I am sorry that I don't have the exact # off the top of my head.

DIACOM will be able to check for all codes...

Hope it gets better for you

Jim@BAWS