PDA

View Full Version : Carpet & Vinyl Specs?

monsoon
07-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Afternoon everyone,

Just got off the phone with Syntec Industries, an OEM for MC carpet and vinyl, and was pretty much told to go away because I was only Joe Public to them. I was trying to find the specific line of vinyl and carpet they've been supplying to MC in order to match or exceed the current quality in my '98 Prostar 190. They told me to go bother Mastercraft, which I know will direct me to my local dealer, which never answers their phone or calls back, and wouldn't know brand specs anyhow.

I'd really like to know exactly what carpet and vinyl (by name and color) that was used in the 1998 Prostar 190s, so I can give my upholster a starting point. Has anyone run across this info? My boat is teal on white but I'm going to be covering the teal under the rub rail with a chrome vinyl and redoing the interior vinyl white/black/lt. grey and the carpet lt. gray. A 1 to 1 match on the interior vinyl would be nice because much of what is there could be reused.

Thanks guys!
monsoon

kraig1995
07-16-2011, 12:08 PM
Syntec supplied vinyl to Malibu and Mastercraft. Anytime I have called MC they blow me off. Had the same problem with my windshield. There is a online company - www.yourautotrim.com . I ordered each of their samples and matched it up. I ended up changing the upholstry to Morbern Vinyl who supplies MC with there new vinyls. For Carpet I found Capri Discount Flooring and ordered matching carpet from them. Cheaper than anyone else. Trying to find exacts for older MC's as well as all older ski boats is tough.

lawdogg149
07-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Check use out too www.nationwideturf.com we offer boat carpets as well.

monsoon
07-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the info guys. This will be a mid fall project, after we pull the slalom course for the season.

It would be really nice if MC would at least disclose what they used for seat covers once a particular year's replacements, through them, becomes unavailable. I'm sure there's a parts list somewhere in their files, and probably some really nice cad drawings with flat patterns for cutting the vinyl. A good testament to how happy us MC owners are, is our willingness to spend good money in keeping our boats in like-new condition. We should be supported in this.

Thanks for the lead on the Morbern vinyls! I'll order some samples soon. Carpet selection will follow vinyl selection.

I have a local shop in mind for the vinyl but am wondering if anyone here is familiar with these guys.... http://mastercraftskins.com/www.mastercraftskins.com/MasterCraftSkins.html

Dan2060
07-19-2011, 02:37 PM
yeah, has anyone used Mastercraftskins.com

Patsfan
07-24-2011, 10:11 PM
MC has used Syntec for carpet and G&T/Spradling forever. Touch bases with Leading Edge. They use carpet and vinyl from the for mentioned suppliers.
www.lemarineinteriors.com