PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Sender Issue!

Lakeside09
07-14-2011, 05:01 PM
I know this is a repeated issue here but... I have a weird situation.

First of all my boat gauge was fine but just a little off... when it said I had a little more in it than it actually did but this is the original sender from 03'. It does not bounce or anything but it went all the full (under 1/4 tank) then after I filled up it dropped all the way down to E.

So I ordered a new sender and it worked properly for about two weeks then dropped to E so I thought this was the sender issue. So they sent me a replacment... When I got it, it worked properly for a day and a half when it got to a half tank it dropped to 1/4 then dropped all the way down to E.

The new ones now sit on E but the original old one sits on Full.

There is around a 1/4 of a tank of gas in it right now... I also have another new sending unit so I am wondering if I should be doing something different.

Or what should I be addressing here... ?

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
07-14-2011, 05:07 PM
That number of senders doing the same thing, rules out a faulty sender, check the connections at sender, gauge and mdc...

Lakeside09
07-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Well the gauge shakes like it is trying to read... then if I have the original one in there it will go all the way to full... if I raise the sender up the gauge will start to drop gradually...

trickskier
07-14-2011, 05:47 PM
There are 2 adjustment screws on the top of the sender one reads + the other -. Mine were covered with silicone. Try adjusting those screws. NOTE - An EXTREMELY minor adjustment will make a BIG difference on how the gauge reads.

If that works make sure to cover head of adjustment screw(s) with silicone.

Good Luck!

NatesGr8
07-02-2012, 03:54 PM
There are 2 adjustment screws on the top of the sender one reads + the other -. Mine were covered with silicone. Try adjusting those screws. NOTE - An EXTREMELY minor adjustment will make a BIG difference on how the gauge reads.

If that works make sure to cover head of adjustment screw(s) with silicone.

Good Luck!

I know this thread is a bit old, however i'd like to try to adjust my fuel guage. It's constantly reading higher than it should. I looked for adjustment screws today but couldn't find any. Anyone out there have pictures of where to look? My boat is an 05 x-45. When i look on the fuel tank near the transmission i see what i believe is the fuel pump and another round part with wires that looks like the sender. However, i can't find any adjustment screws. Thanks!