PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass Stargazer black screen and low voltage

Wouter
07-14-2011, 06:04 AM
I have had this problem with my perfect pass stargazer from day one: black screen at startup + low voltage issue. Turn key on and off a few times and issue goes away. Recently I discovered a lot of old posts about other people having the same problem. (I always figured it was just the wiring of my dash that was the culprit) Anyway, I rewired the ground for PP and stereo to be grounded directly to battery neg and put in a 30 amp relay to hook up the PP + to the key switch continuous + rather than ignition. Somehow voltage is always lower on the ignition post (why I don't know). This seems to have solved the voltage issue for the PP and allows more voltage to the dash gauges, but the black screen issue remains... From othe posts I discovered that PP is aware of this issue and that it can be solved with a filter/relay that hooks up between the servo wiring and the master module. Perfect Pass sent me the filter and I received it today. Will try this weekend to see if that takes care of the black screen issue.

Has anyone had experience with this? Did the filter solve it?

east tx skier
07-14-2011, 11:27 AM
They were shipping the second generation of SG with the filter dongle that plugs into the MM. I can't remember if they told me, at some point, that it was no longer necessary or if I still have it on there.

Limpkin
07-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Reseat your cables, fixed the issue for me.

Wouter
07-15-2011, 05:57 AM
BTW: here's a link to the relay install if anyone interested. This is on a nautique but same principal applies:
http://nautiqueowner.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21539&PID=272967&title=gave-pp-its-own-relay-and-power

Wouter
07-18-2011, 04:23 AM
Filter/dongle solved it. Wish I had known about this sooner...

scina1
07-29-2011, 10:55 AM
I have the same issue on my 88 Prostar. I have the hot wired directly to the battery with a toggle switch on the dash. PP works with the key in any position except for starting the engine. When I go to start the system stops working. When the engine is started the system resets itself and then workds flawlessly. I will try a seperate ground and am going to call PP and have a discussion about it.