PDA

View Full Version : X-1

mariley85
07-13-2011, 09:16 PM
i have a malibu, and i am in love with it. however, i'm short on space, and looking for other ideas, possibly for a winter '11/'12 buy. i like simple stuff, all of the stairs, and seats, and walkthroughs and blahblahblah drives me insane. i just think it's hideous. so i'm down to a ride 21v and the x-1. i've always had an affinity for the og x-star/2/1, but haven't been in the position to buy one (i was in school, and didn't make enough my first years out).

here are my questions:
-do i have to get a mastercraft trailer? i'd prefer an extreme.
-what is the base msrp? i don't need anything except a tower. i prefer custom bimini, stereo, and ballast.

thanks, y'all.

Duane D
07-13-2011, 09:35 PM
Welcome to the family (hopefully). I was looking at the X1/old X2-Star and the 21 VRide last year when I purchased my boat. Space was an important factor for me too and I felt all those older models were too narrow and shallow inside so I ended up going with the 2006 X2 (picklefork). We absolutely LOVE our boat and it does everything we ask of it extrememly well. You can't go wrong with any of the models you listed but the extra room in the newer hull is very nice.

bobx1
07-13-2011, 10:05 PM
A few of your comments seem to possibly indicate you are looking to buy a new one. Rumor has it you are out of luck as it has supposedly been discontinued.

mccobmd
07-13-2011, 10:17 PM
When I bought my X1 I got a Dorsey trailer so I would imagine you can order without the tower.

G-Star
07-13-2011, 11:41 PM
A few of your comments seem to possibly indicate you are looking to buy a new one. Rumor has it you are out of luck as it has supposedly been discontinued.

Really? The death of the 205V??? :(

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
07-13-2011, 11:56 PM
Mastercraft trailers are options, you can get your own model...

mariley85
07-14-2011, 12:56 AM
that's a shame if they really are planning the discontinuation of a truly seminal hull. plus, the classic lines are hard to beat. if it were up to me, the boat would just be a solid, maybe a single stripe, and have mastercraft on side in their somewhat-classic font. simplicity is timeless.

i'm not at all a fan of the picklefork craze, so i will never be buying any brand of the configuration despite the increased stowage. not to mention, that hull's wake still ranks up there with the current big boys.

i saw that the trailer was an option, but i have yet to see a mc with an other-than-mc trailer.

and does anyone know the msrp? i briefly checked boattrader and truly laughed out loud when i saw a 2011 x-1 with mild options for >70k.

thanks again.

kskonn
07-14-2011, 08:29 AM
An X1 should be had for around 50-60 with min options. I know at the dealer I bought my boat they will have it on a mastercraft trailer, but you don't have to buy the trailer. You would most likely have to buy the trailer you like seperately and then have them put it on the trailer.

If you want one you better get one fast, what they have is what they have.

personally I am bigger fan of the X2, Great wakeboarding wake, really good surfwake and tons of room for the boats size. If I get rid of my X30 the X2 would be my next purchase.

good luck!

willyt
07-14-2011, 10:09 AM
I have the same hull (2005 X2). For my crew (mainly wakeboarding) its a perfect first boat. that being said, there's nothing that beats a slammed xstar wake, and nothing that beats the stock wake on a X25. Both boats are much, MUCH larger than mine and will be looking to upgrade to one of these two in the next few years solely on a space concern. To be fair, the 21V will be a much larger boat than the X1, but will definitely not have the quality of build or wake of the X1.

davidstan
07-14-2011, 10:29 AM
i had no other boat in mind except the 205v/x1 but decided on the 08 x2 with wake plate. Decent slalom wake and easy to surf. Our lake is getting busier and my neighbor with an x1 said it was beating him up if he is out for more than an hour. x2 is great on rough seas and lots of stowage.

Thrall
07-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Basic X-1 with RTP, cruise, base tower, no stereo, minimal options and no trailer I'd think would be around $40k. If they still make them. I'd call a dealer on that.
Otherwise there's quite a few uesd ones optioned out for less than $40k with not too many hrs. Whoever was asking $70k is nuts. You could get a lightly used Xstar or X45 for less.

agarabaghi
07-14-2011, 12:06 PM
06 with mcx pp upgraded ballast tower trailer cover Bimini basic radio full service new ballast pumps 800 hours $25,000

bobx1
07-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Really? The death of the 205V??? :(

See post 3, 17, and 21.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=41999&highlight=2012

captain planet
07-14-2011, 12:56 PM
i have a malibu, and i am in love with it. however, i'm short on space, and looking for other ideas, possibly for a winter '11/'12 buy. i like simple stuff, all of the stairs, and seats, and walkthroughs and blahblahblah drives me insane. i just think it's hideous. so i'm down to a ride 21v and the x-1. i've always had an affinity for the og x-star/2/1, but haven't been in the position to buy one (i was in school, and didn't make enough my first years out).

here are my questions:
-do i have to get a mastercraft trailer? i'd prefer an extreme.
-what is the base msrp? i don't need anything except a tower. i prefer custom bimini, stereo, and ballast.

thanks, y'all.

With the passing of the X-1/205V (moment of silence) I would suggest you take a look at the 214V/X-14V. It is the next MC hull that really does all things well. My local dealer has sold a bunch of them this year.

G-Star
07-14-2011, 01:10 PM
See post 3, 17, and 21.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=41999&highlight=2012

Thanks. I guess I missed that one... :o

nmcjr
07-14-2011, 09:48 PM
I can't tell if your priority is wake or layout/ammenities. The Ride and the X1 are quite different from a wake standpoint. I think they're both great wakes, depending on your preference. I prefer my 205V wake (by a wide margin) because it has more kick than the Ride. If you like the more mellow Malibiu wake you may want to stick with the Ride, but its hull is wider and takes more weight to sink it, and even then is still pretty rampy. The tradeoff is that the wider hull gives you more interior room. I have been very happy with mine and wouldn't trade it especially considering the extra expense and storage that would be required. I've seen 7's thrown on mine so its all the wake I'll ever need.

mariley85
07-14-2011, 10:06 PM
...the 21V...will definitely not have the quality of build or wake of the X1.

i wouldn't say that, malibus are most definitely on par with mastercraft.

mariley85
07-14-2011, 10:12 PM
With the passing of the X-1/205V (moment of silence) I would suggest you take a look at the 214V/X-14V. It is the next MC hull that really does all things well. My local dealer has sold a bunch of them this year.

not interested. the freeboard is too little, and the interior layout is too busy. i just like the simplicity of the x-1. just a relatively comfortable utilitarian boat with the capability to party for a modest price.

mariley85
07-14-2011, 10:18 PM
I can't tell if your priority is wake or layout/ammenities. The Ride and the X1 are quite different from a wake standpoint. I think they're both great wakes, depending on your preference. I prefer my 205V wake (by a wide margin) because it has more kick than the Ride. If you like the more mellow Malibiu wake you may want to stick with the Ride, but its hull is wider and takes more weight to sink it, and even then is still pretty rampy. The tradeoff is that the wider hull gives you more interior room. I have been very happy with mine and wouldn't trade it especially considering the extra expense and storage that would be required. I've seen 7's thrown on mine so its all the wake I'll ever need.

my priorities are wake and layout(a basic v-drive). the only ammenities i think are necessary for a wake boat are good ballast, speed control, room for canned cocktails, and a stereo. just the basics.

i know the x-1 has a wake that will fulfill every wakeboarding aspiration i'll ever have because i've seen guys BOOST off of that wake.

StuSX
07-14-2011, 11:09 PM
Get a 2006 X-15... it will have a great wake, no pickle fork, and you can bring more than 4 friends and be comfortable for a whole day... just a thought.

sand2snow22
07-14-2011, 11:10 PM
i wouldn't say that, malibus are most definitely on par with mastercraft.

21V that I know is a Supra.....

mariley85
07-15-2011, 10:36 AM
21V that I know is a Supra.....

the Ride 21v is the old VLX.

sand2snow22
07-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Aka the vRide!

mariley85
07-19-2011, 12:26 AM
this is exactly what i want. just simple and elegant.

this should run, what, 30k?

http://photos.wakeboarder.com/data/500/Posing.jpg

FoggyNogginz
07-19-2011, 12:49 AM
You can pick up the PS 205V for ~30K...if you can find one.

http://onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=28925
http://www.mastercraft.com/market/showproduct.php?product=4126&cat=5

Thrall
07-19-2011, 02:00 AM
this is exactly what i want. just simple and elegant.

this should run, what, 30k?

http://photos.wakeboarder.com/data/500/Posing.jpg

I dunno. That "accessory" on the sun pad may run you a little more! (Might be worth it though!)

Seriously, good used 205V/X2/X1's go for $25k-40k. Found one once for $21k when I was looking for my X2, low hrs, 02? pretty loaded and it was gone before the owner returned my call and I saw it on the first day it went up for sale.

mariley85
07-19-2011, 02:24 AM
I dunno. That "accessory" on the sun pad may run you a little more! (Might be worth it though!)

Seriously, good used 205V/X2/X1's go for $25k-40k. Found one once for $21k when I was looking for my X2, low hrs, 02? pretty loaded and it was gone before the owner returned my call and I saw it on the first day it went up for sale.

those accessories are NEVER WORTH IT!! okokokok, for a weekend at the river, most definitely. But in the long run, good lord run for the hills!*

i'll keep my eyes out. those, i feel are just one of the classiest boats. i'm also in the market for a jon boat so i can do a lil quacker whackin during the off-season. i'll have to keep the budgets for both boats exclusive. lordy, if i'm not careful i'll have a jon with a head and crew quarters, hahah, and no new summertime fun boat. i suppose that's just a real first world problem.

*if she's certifiably insane like a few of the young women i have invited to accompany me on a many a seacruise. otherwise, it's worth it.

bobx1
07-19-2011, 10:05 AM
......Seriously, good used 205V/X2/X1's go for $25k-40k.....

That's what I have been seeing as well.

I had a guy offer me upper 30's for mine the other day (and I was/am not really considering selling it). It is an 07 X1 with just over 100 hours, RTP, 2 factory tower speakers, amp, swivel racks, MC Cruise, single axle MC trailer, Bimini, Cover, two factory hard tanks, etc.

Perfect Pass, MCX, and more stereo equipment will add more $$$.

Seems like the ones out west are going for the lower end of your scale but here in the south, they have held their value.

I am thinking/hoping that they will continue to hold their value as it is the best all-around hull MC has ever built. Sure, it gets a bit cramped after you throw in 6+ people but it has been a great boat for my needs/use.

willyt
07-19-2011, 10:34 AM
haha... find it funny you've found a picture of Paul's boat... he's around here every now and then, P-hat in Cincy.

Never been on it, but i've heard that boat's LOADED. Custom fiberglass sub inclosure in the front, alllll custom ballast, etc.

Anyway... i've got a 2005 X2... perhaps i'll hold onto it for awhile expecting some appreciation in value..

mariley85
07-19-2011, 10:43 AM
yeah, i think he had a thread on wakeworld a few years back when he plumbed the new ballast system. i think he has the flyhigh 750#s in the lockers, a larger center bag, and the under-seat bow bag in it.

boat is too awesome.

ShawnB
07-19-2011, 12:44 PM
Too bad you're on the wrong side of the country: http://onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=29084

I have had many calls about it but only one person has actually come to look at it (and he supposedly ended up getting a 2011 X15 instead). If it doesn't sell in the next couple months it may be going south for the winter...

soacj
07-19-2011, 01:32 PM
That black/white/red is probably the best looking 205v variant I've seen.

I just purchased a '03 X2 with the MCX, perfect pass, heater, stereo upgrades, tandem axle trailer, etc. Definitely did not get a deal price-wise, but I feel somewhat fortunate to have found a decent example of this hull in my area. They do seem hard to come by.

It's a totally different example of the breed than the '91 Prostar it replaced. I can't wipe the smile off my face yet!

Jay

soacj
07-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Too bad you're on the wrong side of the country: http://onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=29084

I have had many calls about it but only one person has actually come to look at it (and he supposedly ended up getting a 2011 X15 instead). If it doesn't sell in the next couple months it may be going south for the winter...

Shawn, I looked at your boat online quite a few times and almost contacted you. Decided I was not willing to make quite that long of a drive to see it. That new interior is nice...

Jay

ShawnB
07-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Shawn, I looked at your boat online quite a few times and almost contacted you. Decided I was not willing to make quite that long of a drive to see it. That new interior is nice...

Jay

The northeast is just so far away from most folks who will pay that kind of money for a boat. It just seems like such a shame that it's been sitting in the driveway all summer, though. We took it out for a ride about a month ago and it's SO different than the X25. Nimble and fast.