PDA

View Full Version : Transom remote power wire

Cobra Rob
07-13-2011, 05:12 PM
I was installing the new alpine transom remote and it should be dead simple only needs power and ground. I assumed the blue wire that went to the old clarion remote was power and the black ground. However I am not getting any power to that wire. It could have been accidentally disconnected when the shop installed the new head unit. Does anyone know where the other end is supposed to connect so I can check it?

07 x45

Cobra Rob
07-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Someone has had to trace this before saving me the pain right?

CantRepeat
07-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Rob,

Here's the deal.

The old remotes were wired. The power for them came through the black cable that ran back there.

NOTE: If you are changing out your remotes, on my boat the driver's side + Positive wire is wired to the Nav Light switch and the transom is wired to the Courtesy Light switch. So, the Clarion wiring for the negitive and positive is used for the back lighting at night, not to power the remotes.

In my 4th post in this thread (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=38761) I posted about chasing down the wires.

Cobra Rob
07-17-2011, 01:32 AM
Thanks using the same 118 and mc20/2 setup. So where did you end up tapping into for the switched power source on the transom remote??

CantRepeat
07-17-2011, 06:25 AM
I pulled the power for the trasom remote off of the number 2 side of my perko battery switch. It was the closest power source and since the MC20 shuts off when the M118 is off it didn't really need a keyed source.