PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your Tube (besides leave it at home) :)

absolutezero
07-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Alright, so I know a bunch of you here are going to hate that I'm asking a tube question. Honestly, I hate myself a little for it too. Problem is I have a 3 yr old daughter and a bunch of friends and family that just can't/won't ski/wakeboard. So we have a tube. Please feel free to tell me what a loser I am... :)

ok, so with that said, my biggest complaint about the tube is not actually pulling it. Instead, my issue is storing it when we are on the water. I don't currently have an air pump on the boat. I'm considering getting one and inflating and deflating the tube each time we use it and storing it. Is this what you do (those of you who will admit to having a tube)? Or do you have some elaborate mounting system to the back of the boat?

If you have an air pump, which one and why did you choose it?

nickespi
07-13-2011, 09:55 AM
I inflate and deflate mine when in use/not in use. It's pretty massive so I try and plan my boarding and surfing sessions carefully. I have seen folks that have smaller round tubes store them on the top of their tower. May be an option for you???

TLR67
07-13-2011, 09:55 AM
Yes... Airpump and inflate and deflate everytime.. I keep it in a duffel bag with the rope so I can hide it under the bow.. Sometimes I tell my Girls.. Darn.. I left it at home.. Oh well you guys can Barefoot!!

Tri4X2
07-13-2011, 09:58 AM
We do have a tube but it is mostly used for floating once we anchor. This year the 6,7,8, and 11 yr olds all wake board so no use for it being pulled

We bought a small inflator from a local sporting goods store that cost us $20. That way we can pull the tube out... Have it inflated within 2-3 min... And at the end of the day pack it away quick and easy in the locker. We chose something small and cheap to inflate the tube, plus we can use it to inflate air mattresses if needed when camping. It runs off the plug near the drivers seat so it easy to use.

aarosurf
07-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Only inflate and deflate once each trip, both done while on the boat. Inflate with a manual pump similar to Tri4x2. I make sure anyone who wants to tube "gets it out of their system" by the time I deflate it.

willyt
07-13-2011, 10:11 AM
.... I make sure anyone who wants to tube "gets it out of their system" by the time I deflate it.

you mean you get it out of their system as the driver.... :uglyhamme

-V-
07-13-2011, 10:19 AM
don't be scared to say it, you like to watch your kids play and everyone can't wakeboard. I have two daughters and they both love the tube. I inflate it before they ride and store it on the sundeck attached to the cleats with a set of tube holding straps. I have 3 pumps, all get charged before i go out but i also have air mattresses and other inflatables to blow up. I have a mastercraft, I am not a ski or wakeboard expert, I can't do tricks yet, but my girls love the water and they are only young once.

aarosurf
07-13-2011, 10:27 AM
you mean you get it out of their system as the driver.... :uglyhamme

haha glad you caught that

ahhudgins
07-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Deflated in the shed and the kids pump them up when they want to use them. This past weekend I taught 4 of my kids friends (early 20s) to ski and all of them wanted to try the wakeboard too. Even after several face plants on the wakeboard none of them wanted to tube any more. I was a happy camper.:D

TxsRiverRat
07-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Use 2 bungee cords and attach it to the hooks on the back of the boat. If youíre idling or just hangin out, toss it up on top of the bimini top... Thatís how we do it on the rare occasions we have a tube with us.

gatorguy
07-13-2011, 10:42 AM
My tube has only been inflated 3 times this year. I bring it every time and it takes up space, but I don't actively try and get the kids to use it. I do try and get them on the skis and wakeboard though. However last night right before we were packing it in to go home I asked if anyone wanted to tube, and they all said "no we're hungry and want to go home". I guess I'm a little bit of a boat Nazi. We come out to play. Eating and sleeping are things you can do when your too old to do anything active.

plunk77
07-13-2011, 11:50 AM
we mainly use our tube for floating on when we anchor. thats the best use for them anyway. my dad was somewhat of an *** when i was little and tubing was intense so i learned not to like it at an early age