PDA

View Full Version : Nor/Central Cal Shout Out

bobx1
07-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Was in business in San Francisco last week and took my wife. Friday afternoon, we headed to Carmel for the weekend. On Saturday, we decided to drive down to Big Sur and on my way back (south of Carmel) I saw a fellow MC owner towing his boat south on CA 1 (looked like an X30 – but could be wrong). Whoever you are, you have testicles of steel as that drive is crazy under normal conditions, much less pulling a boat.

And more MC’s spotted……Heading back to the SFO airport on Sunday morning (around 715am), I saw a group of two pulling their MC’s south of Castroville (heading south). One looked like an X-Star and could not tell about the other.

Forrest-X45
07-12-2011, 07:36 PM
I saw lots of MC's in NorCal on Saturday afternoon heading south on I-5. I was driving home from LA and my neck was getting sore looking at all the nice MC's traveling south between Sacramento and Lake Shasta. I ended up taking a driving break at Shasta to do a little recon on houseboat rentals. I have never stopped at the lake, only driven by and it's a beautiful lake. Might have to look into a houseboat rental for next summer. There were also a ton of tournament boats on the lake.

Gabe63
07-12-2011, 11:38 PM
I saw lots of MC's in NorCal on Saturday afternoon heading south on I-5. I was driving home from LA and my neck was getting sore looking at all the nice MC's traveling south between Sacramento and Lake Shasta. I ended up taking a driving break at Shasta to do a little recon on houseboat rentals. I have never stopped at the lake, only driven by and it's a beautiful lake. Might have to look into a houseboat rental for next summer. There were also a ton of tournament boats on the lake.

You might have seen us! Love Lake Shasta. If you rent go to Antlers, from why I have seen they have some of the newest and nicest houseboats.

Forrest-X45
07-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the recommendation, Gabe.

I don't recall seeing any Maristars but two X-Stars rolled into the parking lot with Nor-Cal MC stickers on them while I was checking out the houseboats at Bay Bridge. I didn't care for their houseboats at all. I will definitely be looking at Antlers when the time comes.

Gabe63
07-13-2011, 10:33 PM
I would not be around that area. You will be much happier with Antlers. I saw several newer Mastercrafts running around, what a great weekend! Such a great lake.