PDA

View Full Version : X45 Wake Surf Suggestion?????

mikewmcd
07-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Just took delivery of my new 2011 X45. Tried the factory settings for surfing and wake was terrible and not clean. Had full fuel tanks, 9 people on board,starboard and center ballast full and surf tab at factory setting of 63%. Any suggestions without having to add sacs? Also, we use the platform to start and it will dip well below the waterline making platform starts impossible. I had a 2010 X45 and it had a much better surf wake. Called the dealer, no help. Thanks.

TallRedRider
07-12-2011, 12:52 PM
something is not right.

The hull is identical, so I cannot see how you could have a problem.

I wonder if your speedo is off and you are not going the speed that you used to be going. If you are only going 7 MPH, could be a problem. You just think it is 10-12 MPH??

The only other difference I could imagine is the surf tabs...do you have all 3 tabs, or just the one in the center?

Starting with the swimstep underwater only means that you are beginning to have enough weight. I often start that way, you just have to lean back as soon as the boat starts moving to get the nose to go upward when you release from the swimstep.

mseller
07-12-2011, 01:22 PM
i would just do starboard sac and see what that does...i'm not sure how the surf tabs work...i just have the center attitude adjustment plate and have that at 0% so maybe try not using the surf tabs as well??

woodhog
07-12-2011, 01:50 PM
I have a x 55 and fill Starboard, plus starboard fat sack and half KGB. Center tab zero and the outside tabs fully over to the starboard.

mikewmcd
07-12-2011, 02:12 PM
I have all 3 tabs on the boat. I will try to vary the speed. Thanks for the suggestions and welcome more.

TallRedRider
07-12-2011, 03:22 PM
I have all 3 tabs on the boat. I will try to vary the speed. Thanks for the suggestions and welcome more.

Hmmm...and they are supposed to make the wave better. I would do a visual inspection to be sure the side you are sufing on is all the way up, and the opposite side is all the way down. (put your head under the platform and look). I thought my 45 had the best wave was with the center tab almost completely up.

Every boat is different, I would not put any stock in what works for other models. As a general principle, start with weight in the back corner and once that is sunk deeply, start moving forward and sideways. I put a 750 on top of stock, KGB full, and stock tank full on the opposite side full and thought the wave was amazing. That was an 06, but should apply to yours as the hull shape is identical.