PDA

View Full Version : REWARD! 2009 Red X-2 Trailer Stolen in Minnesota

park190
07-12-2011, 10:30 AM
We were at Bald Eagle Lake in White Bear Lake, Minnesota (Ramsey County) yesterday afternoon enjoying the sun when my wife and I went back to the launch around 4:30 p.m. only to find out that our trailer had been stolen from our vehicle!!!! We had a padlock attached that obviously had been cut. It is our "regular" lake and we are there at least 4 days a week and have been for the past 8 years. There has never been a problem in the past nor did there ever appear to be a threat of theft. This is completely disheartening!!!

It is a 2009 single axle red MasterCraft trailer with spare tire and black spare tire cover. It has black MasterCraft trailer guide pads and a lifetime permanent registration on the tongue of the boat. It also has the new Fulton jack.

If anyone sees or hears of anything suspicious on Craigslist and/or eBay please PM or e-mail me as soon as possible as there will be a reward leading to the arrest and conviction of the theif.

A big shout out goes to the crew at Midwest MasterCraft for acting so quickly to bring a trailer and get us off the water. Thank you!!!!!!

medicmoose
07-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune! Do you have insurance coverage?

Once again, an example of what a class act Midwest Mastercraft is!

park190
07-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune! Do you have insurance coverage?

Once again, an example of what a class act Midwest Mastercraft is!

Thanks, medicmoose...Yes, thankfully it's insured; however, we may not have a trailer for 3 weeks! We have limited summer here in Minnesota and someone stole our summer fun. We are completely distraught

thatsmrmastercraft
07-12-2011, 11:16 AM
That is terrible to hear. I am on Bald Eagle once a week and haven't heard of that happening before, but once is terrible. Good on the guys at Midwest Mastercraft. Good luck getting things sorted out.

Wouter
07-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Sorry to hear that. Hope you get it back. My prostar was stolen a few years back with trailer and all. In the end I recovered it but I'll never forgett the crappy feeling...

park190
07-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Sorry to hear that. Hope you get it back. My prostar was stolen a few years back with trailer and all. In the end I recovered it but I'll never forgett the crappy feeling...

It is one of the most violating experiences we have ever felt...had a moutain bike stolen years ago, but that was nothing in comparison to the trailer

thatsmrmastercraft
07-12-2011, 11:46 AM
It is one of the most violating experiences we have ever felt...had a moutain bike stolen years ago, but that was nothing in comparison to the trailer

I can identify with that. My truck was stolen while I was at the State Fair a bunch of years ago. Coming back to my parking spot without my truck being there was very strange.

oldairboater
07-12-2011, 11:49 AM
It comes in waves where I am from. Not usually a problem on busy days but dark nights and quiet weekdays can be a problem. We get more vehicle break ins and spare tire thefts. If they continue to steal--odds are they will get caught. If they stole a trailer for their own personal use they are harder to catch. I hate thieves almost as much as I hate politicians.

jdl xstar
07-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Sorry to hear of your experience. That really sucks.

With bolt cutters and such, a tire boot is the only sure fire way to keep someone from taking a trailer. I've seen them from time to time. Its a Pain I T A but its a sure thing.

park190
07-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Sorry to hear of your experience. That really sucks.

With bolt cutters and such, a tire boot is the only sure fire way to keep someone from taking a trailer. I've seen them from time to time. Its a Pain I T A but its a sure thing.

Thanks for the thoughts...I believe a tire boot will be in order for the future...it may be more work but much less hassle in the long run...

davidstan
07-12-2011, 12:22 PM
of all things we had our x2 boat cover stolen this year. I cant believe people sometimes.

Thrall
07-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Would think it's not for personal use. Who would own a new style X2 and steal a trailer for it???:confused:
Bet it would be a classy ride for an old bayliner though!

Not worth much to part out, why not steal a car if you're gonna do that.
On the bright side I could use a new Fulton jack! j/k

Kevin@MWMC
07-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Wow, can't believe what people do sometimes. I will keep my eyes open for it.....

And can't say it enough, the guys at Midwest MasterCraft are really top notch!

TxsRiverRat
07-12-2011, 01:30 PM
If anyone sees or hears of anything suspicious on Craigslist and/or eBay please PM or e-mail me as soon as possible as there will be a reward leading to the arrest and conviction of the thief.

I would guess the thief stole it for personal use unless you know alot of other trailers were stolen.

park190
07-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Would think it's not for personal use. Who would own a new style X2 and steal a trailer for it???:confused:
Bet it would be a classy ride for an old bayliner though!

My thoughts exactly!!!

Not worth much to part out, why not steal a car if you're gonna do that.
On the bright side I could use a new Fulton jack! j/k

It would have been much better if they had only stolen the spare tire...I would still be upset but could live with it.

carlsonwa
07-12-2011, 02:16 PM
That is ridiculous! I'll keep my eyes open for it as well. St. Paul member here as well!

snowslider76
07-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Wow that really sucks, I'm in MN too and I never put a lock on my trailer at my local spot, think I'm going to start. I'll keep an eye out for you too.

Might wanna post on WakeWorld too, lot of MN locals on there as well.

park190
07-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Wow that really sucks, I'm in MN too and I never put a lock on my trailer at my local spot, think I'm going to start. I'll keep an eye out for you too.

Might wanna post on WakeWorld too, lot of MN locals on there as well.

Thanks, snowslider! I will post on WW as well. The more exposure the better. We've always been religous about the lock and never thought it would come to this.

park190
07-12-2011, 03:18 PM
That is ridiculous! I'll keep my eyes open for it as well. St. Paul member here as well!
Thank you! Never thought I would earn all my posts from this type of thread...pretty sad

kevkan
07-12-2011, 03:36 PM
People are stealing anything made of metal these days. It could be they stold it to cut into scrap and sell.

What type of lock works good with the coupler on a 2008 trailer?

park190
07-12-2011, 03:54 PM
People are stealing anything made of metal these days. It could be they stold it to cut into scrap and sell.

What type of lock works good with the coupler on a 2008 trailer?

Due to the size of the coupler we were using a Brinks padlock...so much for that! We have a local metal recycler. I will be sure to let them know too...thanks!

broncotw
07-12-2011, 03:56 PM
You should post the serial # of your trailer here on this forum! That way if that scumbag looser paints your trailer and attempts to sell it maybe someone here will recognize it! Just a thought!

park190
07-12-2011, 04:57 PM
You should post the serial # of your trailer here on this forum! That way if that scumbag looser paints your trailer and attempts to sell it maybe someone here could recognize it! Just a thought!

Thanks, broncotw...I will post it tonight. Apparently a new MC trailer is 30-40 days out. So much for summer fun:mad:

ttu
07-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Thanks, broncotw...I will post it tonight. Apparently a new MC trailer is 30-40 days out. So much for summer fun:mad:

sorry to hear about this, but have you checked into boatmate trailers? they make a great trailer.

onejdgreen
07-12-2011, 05:46 PM
That just sucks! I will keep my eyes open west of the Cities for you...

ahhudgins
07-12-2011, 06:37 PM
It comes in waves where I am from. Not usually a problem on busy days but dark nights and quiet weekdays can be a problem. We get more vehicle break ins and spare tire thefts. If they continue to steal--odds are they will get caught. If they stole a trailer for their own personal use they are harder to catch. I hate thieves almost as much as I hate politicians.

I thought a politician was a thief?:D

Just a note to everyone: Put a lock on your trailer at all times. My wife is my insurance agent and she has warned me many times about not keeping a lock on my trailer due to the "Contributory negligence" clause in the insurance policy. If you have a good insurance company it shouldn't be a problem, but some companies will look for any reason not to pay out. If your trailer has a place for a lock and you don't use one, they can say it's partially your fault.

I've always said that locks only stop honest people. If a scumbag wants to steal something he will cut the lock or break something.

broncotw
07-12-2011, 06:41 PM
I agree with "ahhudgins"!!! Politicians and Thieves are one in same!

aquaman
07-12-2011, 07:00 PM

I think I like thieves better than politicians because:

thieves act randomly and do not favor one group over another.
they were not voted to the position
thieves are criminals by defintion, politicians are exempt
thieves are usually anonymous.....you know which poiticians are stealing. (most)

Thieves are more likable than politicians. ;)

Skir68
07-12-2011, 07:52 PM
WOW! I live near the cities too! Im going to Wally-World to get a lock NOW!

park190
07-12-2011, 07:53 PM
sorry to hear about this, but have you checked into boatmate trailers? they make a great trailer.

Do you have one or have any pictures to share? It's over $7K for a single axle MC trailer

park190
07-12-2011, 07:57 PM
You should post the serial # of your trailer here on this forum! That way if that scumbag looser paints your trailer and attempts to sell it maybe someone here will recognize it! Just a thought!

Serial number from the stolen trailer is 19MSB221492D50059

Thrall
07-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Wow, man, there's gotta be someone with their X2 on a lift for the summer int hat area that could loan you a trailer.
Anyone found any ingenious ways to put a decent lock on hte newer MC trailers, or any with surge brakes? The only way to lock it to the truck is one of those little 1/4" dia pin locks that I can figure out.

park190
07-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Wow, man, there's gotta be someone with their X2 on a lift for the summer int hat area that could loan you a trailer.
Anyone found any ingenious ways to put a decent lock on hte newer MC trailers, or any with surge brakes? The only way to lock it to the truck is one of those little 1/4" dia pin locks that I can figure out.

WOW am I hoping someone will come through to help out. Had a week long trip plan starting this Saturday!!!

JulioX2
07-12-2011, 08:59 PM
I thought a politician was a thief?:D

Just a note to everyone: Put a lock on your trailer at all times. My wife is my insurance agent and she has warned me many times about not keeping a lock on my trailer due to the "Contributory negligence" clause in the insurance policy. If you have a good insurance company it shouldn't be a problem, but some companies will look for any reason not to pay out. If your trailer has a place for a lock and you don't use one, they can say it's partially your fault.

I've always said that locks only stop honest people. If a scumbag wants to steal something he will cut the lock or break something.

Ahhudgins
I was told about the same clause also. On my trailer, I put 3 locks on it.So if someone wants to steal it, they'll be at it for awhile. Can't be too safe.

Harry Reynolds
07-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Hey Park - I just sent you a PM.

HR

Kevin@MWMC
07-13-2011, 01:32 PM
Will an '09 X-2 fit on an '04 X-2 trailer??????

EWood1326
07-13-2011, 01:55 PM
I recommend Boatmate also the use metal fenders and when i got mine I got dealer cost though for a tandem axel for a x45 so I would think you could get a single axle for the same or less i paid about 4,000 is what I paid. Here is a pick of it

gotta_ski
07-13-2011, 06:10 PM
this one looks pretty solid, and its designed for the coupler on I think just about all MC trailers:
http://www.guardianhitch.com/g44.htm

kal_dude
07-13-2011, 06:12 PM
WOW!!!! ***!!!!!! so sorry to hear that, here is a quick suggestion for you guys, back your trailer in the spot! they will atleast have to steal the truck and trailer together ;( maybe also post an ad on craigslist about it being stolen? and also an ad on CL and any MC dealers/marina about renting a trailer for your boat till the new one comes in? maybe someone in your area has one you can use? i would sell you mine today, but it comes with an 02 X-Star ;)
kal

park190
07-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Will an '09 X-2 fit on an '04 X-2 trailer??????

Im not sure, but will check with Midwest... It sure would be nice

park190
07-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Hey Park - I just sent you a PM.

HR

Thanks, Harry!!!! PM back at you

kevkan
07-13-2011, 07:30 PM
this one looks pretty solid, and its designed for the coupler on I think just about all MC trailers:
http://www.guardianhitch.com/g44.htm

That doesn't look like it would work with the trailer connected to the vehicle.

park190
07-13-2011, 07:35 PM
I recommend Boatmate also the use metal fenders and when i got mine I got dealer cost though for a tandem axel for a x45 so I would think you could get a single axle for the same or less i paid about 4,000 is what I paid. Here is a pick of it

Thanks for the insight and pic...ttu recommend as well... Actually spoke with the rep today and am waiting for more pics... Anyone use a Boatmate with their X-2?

thatsmrmastercraft
07-14-2011, 12:31 AM
WOW!!!! ***!!!!!! so sorry to hear that, here is a quick suggestion for you guys, back your trailer in the spot! they will atleast have to steal the truck and trailer together ;( maybe also post an ad on craigslist about it being stolen? and also an ad on CL and any MC dealers/marina about renting a trailer for your boat till the new one comes in? maybe someone in your area has one you can use? i would sell you mine today, but it comes with an 02 X-Star ;)
kal

All the trailer parking spots at the Bald Eagle boat launch are drive through spots. Wouldn't have helped there, but not a bad idea where it's available.

NWMC
07-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Have your dealer check with the factory about trailers out in the field. My dealer was able to get me a basically new trailer for about 3500. There are a bunch of trailer that they use to transport the boats down to the water to test. I am going on my 3rd year with mine and have had no issues at all.

park190
07-15-2011, 12:43 AM
Have your dealer check with the factory about trailers out in the field. My dealer was able to get me a basically new trailer for about 3500. There are a bunch of trailer that they use to transport the boats down to the water to test. I am going on my 3rd year with mine and have had no issues at all.

I could only only hope for this type of resolution...will check again tomorrow but seems the only option at this point is a new one.

wrobins1
07-15-2011, 10:55 AM
What about picking up a used generic trailer and adapting it for your use just for a couple of weeks then reselling it. I brought my from a (sank) bayliner owner for $800 and raised the bunks and did some other work just for the couple times a year that I use a trailer. (There is no prop guard so you have to be careful but it can be done.) Plus you could ship your boat to your vacation or dock it for a few weeks just to get some use out of it.

Philscbx
06-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Minnesota here as well.

Has anything been updated on the theft?

One thing for sure, after hearing this, I'm getting a 3/8" - 1/2" cable to go from trailer to vehicle.
Bolt cutters can't touch cable.
Only torch / grinder / sledgehammer cutter will do.

I'll repost the serial number just in case -

Serial number from the stolen trailer is 19MSB221492D50059

Hope the Best