PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pumps

mjb100798
07-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Just wanted to let people know that if you need a fuel pump (out of tank style) for your boat
you can get them from summit racing over the phone only because it comes directly from carter and is only $182 w/ tax/shipping....best price i could find on them anywhere unless someone out there knows different... I think its robbery that skidim sells the same pump for over 300$...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRT-P60962/?rtype=10

mjb100798
07-12-2011, 06:17 AM
<<< Bump >>>

gatorguy
07-12-2011, 08:48 AM
All this talk of fuel pumps is getting me a little concerned for my Powell trip in 3 weeks. Mine is a '97 PS205 and I have no idea what type of fuel pump it has. Is it one of the problematic type that everyone keeps talking about? If so, what do I use to replace it, is there any warning that it would be about to go out, or does it just not start one day? So far the boat has worked flawlessly in the time I've owned it which is since last Sept. Do I need to take a spare with me?

mjb100798
07-12-2011, 09:44 AM
I cant say wether its problematic for this to go out, just know that mine was working fine one day and the next it went out, it started whining like it was trying to prime all the time and only allowed me to idle back to the dock...checked all hoses/screen/filters and found nothing that would inidicate a flow issue other than the pump itself... I was just putting this out there because it seemed a little crazy that skidim(which i appreciate and use their website) is selling the same pump for over $300 while this one is only $180... even if this doesnt fix my problem i'll have a spare so that im not stuck on vacation or the lake and be waiting 4-5 days for a new one or pay some dealers overhead costs...