PDA

View Full Version : New to Mastercraft - Which boat for surfing?

bjames
07-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and currently looking into replacing my existing LSV with a MC. I have been looking at the X15, X25 and X35. I have been told that the X25 has a great wakeboarding wave and is also well suit for surfing. Can anyone with experience provide me with your opinions on the 3 models? With the X35 being a larger boat, would it throw a larger surf wake? Before dropping this kind of money on a new boat, my wife insist we make sure and get the right one.

My current boat is a Moomba LSV (21') with 1900lbs of ballast. We have absolutly no complaints about the wave, however on of the main reasons we want to upgrade is that we also want a larger boat that has more room (we find the LSV is a little tight), and more importantly we want something that is better suitede for choppy water. With the LSV being a lower profile, we get wet a lot when in choppy water. We found the X15 and X25 handed large waves very well in comparisons.

blakehardesty
07-11-2011, 02:41 PM
I would say the x25 is best for you then. I LOVE the x2's but they are a little small compared to the x25. If price isnt that big of a deal then the x25 all the way.

V-man
07-11-2011, 03:30 PM
http://slayshtank.com/2011/06/mastercraftwakesurf/

lawdogg149
07-11-2011, 10:35 PM
I did the same comparison and bought the X-15. I luv to surf along with my whole family. We added just a 400 fat sac port side and away we go. Surf tabs are a waste dont buy them. X-15 with 14 people is still comfortable.

ShawnB
07-12-2011, 12:09 PM
I have to agree on the surf tabs. Maybe I just don't know how to use them properly but they don't seem to affect the wave very much in our X-25. The Attitude Plate on the other hand is a really big help.

We're running ~1900# for surfing on the port side.

bjames
07-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Thanks everyone for your input. Looks like my wife and I decided on a X25 - final decision will be made tonight but we did put down a deposit on a 2011 with the power tower.

This boat has plug and play ballast option, does that mean I can use the 400lbs Flyhigh sacs from my moomba and modify them to fit the plug&play?

xstarondabayou
07-12-2011, 07:58 PM
You can use your old ballast sacks from your moomba. You may have to change the connection fittings on the bags but it is easy to do. The X-25 is awesome. Congrats! I have heard it is the BEST surf wake and it handles waves like a deep vee center console.