PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump wiring-Help !

Evan Jones
07-11-2011, 09:43 AM
1997 205 w/275 HP 350 ci Indmar. Boat died on Saturday. Just shut down. Would turn over, but no fuel. Traced it to the rubber plug electrical connection on the fuel pump at the back of the engine. I had had problems a few years ago with this plug but had been OK since.

Plug is missing one of the connections now. Looks like it had been arc-ing or welding itself for a couple years and finally just disintegrated. If the prongs on the fuel pump are OK, I could probably just snip off the rubber plug and crimp on some spade terminals. Spark/explosion-wise, I should probably try and get a replacement plug and replace the 14 year old fuel pump while I'm at it ?

Any thoughts ? Will SkiDIM or a Mastercraft dealer have a replacement plug available ? It seems pretty specialized ?

bturner2
07-11-2011, 11:04 AM
When it comes to blowing up I usually go with the expense correct way to fix things. Take it from somebody that had a boat catch fire, do it right. Don't know if skidim will be able to help but they may. If you post a picture of the plug someone on here may be able to identify the plug and a place to get one.

_fng_
07-11-2011, 11:07 AM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=770218#post770218

same thing happened to me, I've been looking but nothing. Today, I'm going to call the local MC dealership and see what they say.

Evan Jones
07-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Wow... What a coincidence.

On mine, it is not in the connection you pulled apart in the picture, it is the connection with the rubber boot on it where the wire come into the part you pulled off the pump. ?? I'll take a pic tonite and post tomorrow. Worst case is I crimp a couple spade terminals on and silicone the crap out of it.

Let me know if you find anything. I'm waiting to hear back from SkiDIM. I'll keep you posted

Evan Jones
07-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Haven't succeeded yet, but a call to my local Chevy dealer service dept seems like a good start. they said they should be able to find me a replacement plug in their books and have it to me the next day.

mjb100798
07-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Haven't succeeded yet, but a call to my local Chevy dealer service dept seems like a good start. they said they should be able to find me a replacement plug in their books and have it to me the next day.

Evan, dont know if summit sells them but they do sell the pump... see my post on here earlier about fuel pumps... I have the same boat...

Evan Jones
07-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Bay Area Watersports does it again ! They are 2nd day Air UPS shipping a new pump and pigtail. Should have it running for the weekend ! Kids will be happy. Thanks BAW !