PDA

View Full Version : ATV Riding in Colorado

magnum
07-10-2011, 12:07 AM
We are giving the Boat a rest for a week at the end of July to go ATV riding in Red River NM but due to the Fire danger , the forest are shut down right now til they receive rain, Anyone that lives in Colorado have an recommendations for good riding areas maybe south central Colorado or maybe anyone else that has been there riding

magnum
07-11-2011, 08:42 AM
I guess no ATV riders in Colorado

SPSinclair 190
07-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Magnum I know its not Colorado but we went out to the Black Hills a few yers ago and excellent riding out there we spent 5 days and didnt see the same thing twice !

Wake2004
07-11-2011, 12:51 PM
South Rampart range road is good for ATV, also there are some good trails in the Salida/Buena Visita area. Stop by All Season Rental in Salida for information.

Thrall
07-11-2011, 01:14 PM
There's good riding darn near everywhere. Just get a CO topo map and look for the forest roads. In southern CO I'd reccomend heading out of Ouray, or Lake City and hit Engineer Pass.
Other than that, jsut stay out of the wilderness areas and hit up any forest roads on the map and they will lead to countless other trails.

Kyle's_prostar205
07-11-2011, 01:19 PM
You might also consider Grand County. I know it's not south but there are some good trails and some awesome scenery! There are planty of places to rent from between Winter Park and Grand Lake. Well worth the trip and only 2 hours west of Denver.