PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Float

DJ 50
07-09-2011, 01:56 AM
My fuel gage is way off and I read previous threads about the two screws used to adjust the fuel float. I looked and can't find mine. Are those screws on my 2010 PS 197 and if so where?

JimN
07-09-2011, 07:19 AM
My fuel gage is way off and I read previous threads about the two screws used to adjust the fuel float. I looked and can't find mine. Are those screws on my 2010 PS 197 and if so where?

Your boat is under warranty- take it in.

DJ 50
07-09-2011, 12:13 PM
You would think it is under warranty but apparently the fuel gage problem isn't covered. The gage wasn't working all together and I took it in thinking the same thing. Had to replace the sending unit, I believe, and MasterCraft didn't cover it under warranty.

JohnE
07-09-2011, 12:18 PM
There are no adjustment screws on my 09 X14. Not a big deal I just lift the middle rear seat cushion and can see exactly how much fuel there is. You don't have that luxury on the 197

DJ 50
07-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Nope. I can see my tank but in envolves me cleaning out my ski locker and pulling up the floor of it.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
07-09-2011, 06:02 PM
You would think it is under warranty but apparently the fuel gage problem isn't covered. The gage wasn't working all together and I took it in thinking the same thing. Had to replace the sending unit, I believe, and MasterCraft didn't cover it under warranty.

I guess you have to warranty through the fuel sender manufacturer?

(k) damage to any component parts and accessories not
manufactured by MasterCraft, including but not limited
to, the engine, drivetrain, transmission, propeller, shift
and throttle control levers and cables, pumps, blowers,
windshields, canvas, upholstery, tower and accessories,
instrumentation and steering systems; however, such
items may be warranted by the individual manufacturer,
and if possible, MasterCraft will provide the owner with
a copy of the manufacturer’s warranty:

DJ 50
07-10-2011, 12:53 AM
I'm not sure what it is but I think it's kind of crap that I spend that much on a 2010 boat with 150 hrs on it. I then pay the $400 or $450 to transfer the warranty. Then they tell me something this simple wasn't covered under warranty. I will however give MasterCraft credit for one thing. I had minor spider cracks in my gel coat and I knew that the warranty was expired on it. I figured I would ask anyway and they agreed to pay half the bill. I was pretty happy to hear that one.