PDA

View Full Version : 2008 x14 Ballast Question

hokiecharlie
07-08-2011, 11:28 AM
First time out for year I tried to use ballast system, not realizing that shut-off valve had been turned off. I turned on valve at the KGB pump and center ballast worked fine, but neither side ballast will fill. I replaced impellers even though old ones did not look bad. Side pumps are heating up but no water is coming in. Is there a separte shut-off valve for side pumps? If not, is it more likely pumps are bad or the implellers are just sticking or something else altogether?

Jabrew
07-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Under the back hatch in the middle of the floor is where mine is. Try one tank at a time.

trunderw
07-10-2011, 10:38 PM
I had my boat winterized at a MC dealership and apparently they winterized incorrectly so I ended up with a broken KGB pump. At the same time, they also had to take off the driver's side panel where the switches for the ballasts are. It took me months into the summer season to realize that they hooked the switches up backwards...in that when I flip it to port fill, it empties the starboard tank. So, I put port and starboard on empty and they both fill. I thought the pumps just wouldn't prime but one day I disconnected the hoses on the pumps (because I could hear them running) and felt the suction on the wrong side.

*There is a separate shut off valve under the back hatch or under the rear middle seat (back hatch is accessible with the carpet out) for each of those pumps.