PDA

View Full Version : Prop Designations

sjskier
07-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Looking at some used props for sale and some say CVP, whats that mean.

east tx skier
07-08-2011, 11:27 AM
I have never heard that one before. From all I can tell, it seems to be a brand.

WTRSK1R
07-08-2011, 01:00 PM
I think it means "Continuosly Variable Pitch". To the best of my knowledge, they are only available for outboard engines and I/O's, but I could be wrong. Torque-pitch is one brand that claims to have a prop that gives you both torque for out of the hole and still hold a top end by shifting the position of the blade real time.

sjskier
07-08-2011, 01:24 PM
I think it means "Continuosly Variable Pitch". To the best of my knowledge, they are only available for outboard engines and I/O's, but I could be wrong. Torque-pitch is one brand that claims to have a prop that gives you both torque for out of the hole and still hold a top end by shifting the position of the blade real time.

I thought thats what it ment, I have a four blade stainless prop now and last year I sent it out for reconditioning and when it came back they ask were I got it because it is a variable pitch prop and it must have been special order, I seen a couple used ones on ski it agains web site.The one I have is for sure because they gave me a graff of the pitch curve from tip to hub, looking to get a spare, Thanks, I'll go check them out in more detail now

east tx skier
07-08-2011, 02:09 PM
I thought that might be it, but the one I saw on ski-it-again was for inboards.

EJ OJPROP
07-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Central Valley Propeller, no longer in business

east tx skier
07-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Woohoo! What do I win! ;)