PDA

View Full Version : What adhesive for rubber on platform?

Jerseydave
07-07-2011, 08:51 PM
My rubber mat is coming loose on my platform, what adhesive do you recommend I use?

call
07-07-2011, 08:54 PM
I put a whole new mat on my platform. I used about four tubes of silicon caulk. Don't be stingy with it - forget about the dispenser tube and a caulk gun. Cut the top off the tube and dump the whole contents onto the platform, smooth it out, and lay the mat on it. Compress it down tight with some heavy cans or something, and wipe the excess off the edges.

norris_ps205
07-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Talk to your dealer. I had to buy a new mat this year because mine had come loose also and had torn. The dealer sold me a small amount of the glue they use on the mats. It bonded the mat on like nothing I've ever seen. Not sure what it's called, but it's a very thin, clear glue that you have to keep in the fridge until you use it. They sold me about 10-12 ounces of it and that was enough for my platform mat, and the rubber mat in the driver's foot well.

Kevin@MWMC
07-08-2011, 11:19 AM
I have had the same problem. Used 3M 5200 Marine Adhesive Sealant to tack it down, then put a line of caulk around the entire edge. It has held for over 2 years now and doesn't show any signs of coming loose.

Thrall
07-11-2011, 02:57 PM
I'll have to try one of the methods suggested here.
FWIW, 3M high strength spray adhesive doesn't work very well. Have used it 2x and the rubber is coming off again.
Sticks fine to the fiberglass, even not scuffed up and over previous glue. Doesn't stick to the mat.

agarabaghi
07-11-2011, 03:00 PM
I am about to venture down this path as soon as my rubber mat gets in from Mastercraft.

Any suggestions how to remove the old glue?