PDA

View Full Version : Oil Preasure problem

sjskier
07-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Hey Guys, Need some input, I have a 04 ps190tt, we but it in for the first run of the season saturday night, we were crusin down the river and my wife says, Hun! theres water coming in the back of the boat, I chop the throttle and jump up out of the drivers seat and sure enough here comes a wave at me, it hit my feet and it was red hot, at the same time my overheat buzzer goes off, I through open the motor box and the and sure enough, the hose came off the impeller pump and was pumping like a fire hydrant into the bildge. I slip it back on, tighten the clamp and away we go, get about a mile down the river and my oil preasure guage starts bouncing back and fourth radicly, it slams to zero and off goes the oil buzzer, I turned it off,checked the oil and it was full, towed the boat in, got home and pulled out the preasure sending unit and put a guage direct into the block, fired it up and it showed 60 pounds at idle, great, put in a new sending unit, took the boat out last night and it only reads 40 pounds at idle and at speed, sometimes it drops down to thirty and even 0 at idle.Last year it always had 40 at idle and jumped up to almost 80 at speed, Skied all night last night with it fluxuating, motor sounds good, no ticking or nothing, Something else I should look at?

willyt
07-07-2011, 02:52 PM
it sounds like you might have cooked your oil. give her a good change and see if that resolves the problem. When cold, i run 40 at idle and 80+ at speed, but when warm i fall to about 20-30 at idle and 60 at speed.

thats just my limited opinion though

TxsRiverRat
07-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Something else I should look at?

The F7 key in MS Word

sjskier
07-07-2011, 03:40 PM
it sounds like you might have cooked your oil. give her a good change and see if that resolves the problem. When cold, i run 40 at idle and 80+ at speed, but when warm i fall to about 20-30 at idle and 60 at speed.

thats just my limited opinion though

That was the first thing I did when I got home

sjskier
07-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Don't like it, don't read it