PDA

View Full Version : X25 shower retrofit

hragsarkissian
07-07-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm looking to install a shower kit (perhaps the OEM one from heatercraft) on my x25SS. Since i have a freshwater washdown tank, i figured it shouldn't be too hard to do. I even have a shower switch on the transom which lights up whenever i turn it on.

I was trying to find pictures of where it usually is mounted in factory boats but cant seem to find much.

any ideas on where i could possibly put it?

ShawnB
07-07-2011, 10:49 AM
It's mounted in the fiberglass on the side of the cutout for the port transom seat. You have to flip up the seat to see/access it. I can take a pic later if nobody else has one.

Thrall
07-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Hot water comes off the engine though for the shower. With closed cooling, the only hot water you have would be coming off the exhaust which isn't clean water I''m guessing.
Here's where I mounted the controls on my X2. Pump is in the engine bay and I tapped cold water off of the prop shaft seal water supply, hot water off the intake manifold, red hose in the picture.
Pulling off the washdown tank, you already effectively have a cold shower, pump and all, right? Don't know how you'd get hot water.

FourFourty
07-07-2011, 11:24 AM
It's mounted in the fiberglass on the side of the cutout for the port transom seat. You have to flip up the seat to see/access it. I can take a pic later if nobody else has one.

WHAT??? You little son of a.... I am jealous. They mounted mine in the back panel of the starboard locker. You have to open the locker, and send a contortionist down in to get the hose out because of the transom seats. I am sure my location is fine in most boats, but because the X25 has small locker doors and the transom seats....its a PITA.

because of that, i never push the hose back in. I just leave it coiled up in the locker.

hragsarkissian
07-08-2011, 02:03 AM
I have a fresh water washdown (has a 10Gal tank) and the tap is inside the boat below the middle seat at the stern mounted in the fiberglass. Uses a quick disconnect hose which you can easily remove. I guess the idea behind it was that it would be used more to wash the interior of the boat or other accessories that needs fresh water rinsing. Nevertheless, i still use it as a shower after a session before getting in the boat. I try to avoid getting salt water in as much as I can.

Hot water comes off the engine though for the shower. With closed cooling, the only hot water you have would be coming off the exhaust which isn't clean water I''m guessing.
Here's where I mounted the controls on my X2. Pump is in the engine bay and I tapped cold water off of the prop shaft seal water supply, hot water off the intake manifold, red hose in the picture.
Pulling off the washdown tank, you already effectively have a cold shower, pump and all, right? Don't know how you'd get hot water.

So yeah, essentially i do have a cold shower, or whatever temperature that water in the tank is with a pump. So i'm contemplating maybe i could just reroute that tap to the transom of the boat, trying to figure out how i could heat that water coming out of the tank.