PDA

View Full Version : Airing of 2005 Masters

propstruk
07-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Is OLN is airing the 2005 Masters tonight? I heard it was at 6 pm EST and 3 pm PST.

propstruk
07-26-2005, 02:42 PM
Never mind. I found it myself.

FYI
"Fusion TV will premiere the 46th Masters on Tuesday, July 26 on the Outdoor Life Network at 6 p.m./2 a.m. ET; 3 p.m./11 p.m. PT, and will repeat July 30 at 6 pm ET and 3 p.m. PT."

mcprostar197
07-26-2005, 03:19 PM
The water ski masters im guessing?

propstruk
07-26-2005, 03:23 PM
You are correct.

mcprostar197
07-26-2005, 03:25 PM
Is it just course skiing, or is there also wakeboarding? Either way Im definetely tuning in on the boob-tube for it.

propstruk
07-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Don't know. In the past it has just been 3-event with wakeboard exhibitions.

mcprostar197
07-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Oh, cool. I dont really know what a 3-event is, but it sounds cool.

rodltg2
07-26-2005, 04:07 PM
that would be slalom, jump , trick

mcprostar197
07-26-2005, 04:32 PM
Theres a pretty sick wakeboarding and wakeskating competition on OLN right now.

BriEOD
07-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Collegiate Wake Board Comp.

BriEOD
07-26-2005, 05:00 PM
What's up with that though: Bu, CC, Supra but no MC??? :mad:

LakePirate
08-01-2005, 10:55 PM
What's up with that though: Bu, CC, Supra but no MC??? :mad:
I saw that....

Now here is the real question, who watched this attempt of coverage of the masters? I just got through watching it...had it Tivoed and thought that they could do a little more that showing Freddie Kreuger hit the ramp to jump 238 and showing Chris Parish run 4 at 38.5 off.

Crash
08-01-2005, 11:53 PM
You know it amazes me...how much time, money, and effort the boat sponsors put into sponsoring and tapeing waterski/wakeboard events just to have them shelved in some archive room.

In today's day and age of TIVO, they should air them on ANY channel at ANY time and they'll get an audience to watch. And since it's their sponsorship, watch their 1/2 hour+ advertisement, which creates more interest and more sales.

I just don't get it...sorry I'll get off my soap box and apologize for my thread jack.

PS, MC and other boat companies, WE hope you were listening!!!

LakePirate
08-02-2005, 12:00 AM
I agree completely. Remember when ESPN played all the ski tournaments. Now we get eating competitions, and I know the names of the DAMN competitors.

Maybe we should get together and create our own channel. TMC channel 190.

rodltg2
08-02-2005, 12:16 AM
i agree, i cant believe bass fishing was on espn yesterday morning. even if you dont like waterskiing , it got to be more interesting to watch than bass fishing.

anyone have a copy of it. i missed it.

Crash
08-02-2005, 12:16 AM
EATING COMPETITION, hell I'd be glad to see any competition, even curling (that sweeping thing on ice)...all I see on ESPN is BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, bunch of old has beens and never beens. We're men, we'll watch almost any competitive game, even if we don't understand it...

LakePirate
08-02-2005, 12:19 AM
i agree, i cant believe bass fishing was on espn yesterday morning. even if you dont like waterskiing , it got to be more interesting to watch than bass fishing.

anyone have a copy of it. i missed it.

You really didn't miss anything. The links on the web are better.

Crash I know what you are talking about. What the He!! did Steven A. Smith ever do? Now he is talking about football and baseball, give me a break.

Curling rocks. I think Andre is on the Canadian Curling team.

Crash
08-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Curling rocks.

:D:D .

BriEOD
08-02-2005, 08:15 AM
Yeah, I watched it and the coverage was lame I thought. They showed a few runs and interviewed a couple people. They spent more time highlighting some former wakeboarders life and showing kite boarding. :mad:

LakePirate
08-02-2005, 08:32 AM
At the risk of offending the wakeboarding crowd, to which I apologize, has wakeboarding been around long enough to have former wakeboarders?

Leroy
08-02-2005, 08:43 AM
Lakepirate; ONly the one's with blown out knees. :(

Leroy
08-02-2005, 08:51 AM
OLN is the ticket to get more skiing on TV I believe. ESPN doesn't want to go beyond the major sports. OLN already bet on an obscure sport, bicycling and rode it to the top thanks to Lance. Water skiing has great personalities now. I often see good wakeboarding shows on TV.

LakePirate
08-02-2005, 08:52 AM
That would do it.

Ric
08-02-2005, 10:08 AM
Oh, cool. I dont really know what a 3-event is, but it sounds cool.
Folks 197's statement says it all
Some serious thought needs to be given to marketing the sport
screw the olympics and get this sport back into the minds of kids USAW!

east tx skier
08-02-2005, 10:35 AM
2 words. Budweiser Tour.

jmac197
08-02-2005, 10:52 AM
Folks 197's statement says it all
Some serious thought needs to be given to marketing the sport
screw the olympics and get this sport back into the minds of kids USAW!
Oh man you are so right!!! The olympics are not going to save this sport, our kids are going to save this sport. Stop spending all our membership dues on a pipe dream and start giving something back to us grassroots people!!!!

Sorry...I'll step off my soapbax now....

propstruk
08-02-2005, 01:26 PM
AMEN Brothers!

After starting this thread, I felt like I cheated you guys out of a good show. That was the lamest airing of a professional sporting event that have ever seen. I had read about the records that had been set and was looking forward to seeing the runs but the coverage was miniscule. How many of you remember "HOT SUMMER NIGHTS"?

I also agree with you guys about bringing this sport back to the grassroots.

LakePirate
08-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Personally I believe that the time is right for a resurgence to take place. The best way to keep competitive waterskiing alive is for kids to be able to see it. Even if they do get it in the Olympics how much air time is it going to get. Having worked the Olympics when they were in Atlanta, I feel that I have a greater appreciation for the Athletes and the hard work that goes on by both them and the organizers. However, if it is not Women's gymnastics or track and field it gets no airtime. Thus leaving us with the same predicament that we were in before becoming an Olympic sport. Please don't get me wrong, I think it would be wonderful for waterskiing to be in the Olympics, I do not feel that it will provide the sudden boom in popularity that might be expected.

Back to the grassroots, back to the pro ski tournaments, back to complete coverage of the sport not just snippets on some other show. We might even be on to something with the airing of the Masters online. With increased bandwidth becoming more and more available it is a viable option to have tournaments produced and aired online.

captkidd
08-03-2005, 02:44 PM
I agree completely. Remember when ESPN played all the ski tournaments. Now we get eating competitions, and I know the names of the DAMN competitors.

Maybe we should get together and create our own channel. TMC channel 190.

We went out to eat last weekend and they were showing an eating competition on the TV at the restaurant (obviously not 5-star); very appetizing. I was shocked to see that it was on ESPN (the Eating Sports Premier Network?). Of course it was about as athletic as poker. I don't care how much you enjoy watching poker competitions, they don't belong on ESPN. I was really ticked when I went to the restroom and saw that the Busch race was on in the bar, and we got the Alka-Seltzer Eating Competition on in the restaurant.

Speaking of good waterski coverage (well, better than nothing), have any of you seen the MC Rewind DVD? It has some great stuff on Wade Cox and the making of the ProStar TV commercial (that I had never seen before). It was free at my local dealer.

east tx skier
08-03-2005, 02:47 PM
I assumed it was free, too. Was surprised when Bennetts billed my card for it (I had ordered some skins). I'd have been happy to pay shipping, but I hope the $24 they charged me was good for them. They haven't gotten a dime out of me since.

I know I should've asked. But it was so rewarding to ***-ume.

mcprostar197
08-03-2005, 02:48 PM
After starting this thread, I felt like I cheated you guys out of a good show. That was the lamest airing of a professional sporting event that have ever seen.

Yah, I was definitely bummed about how crappy the airing of that was. I was kinda excited to watch a waterskiing tourny on tv, but oh well.

LakePirate
08-03-2005, 03:13 PM
We went out to eat last weekend and they were showing an eating competition on the TV at the restaurant (obviously not 5-star); very appetizing. I was shocked to see that it was on ESPN (the Eating Sports Premier Network?). Of course it was about as athletic as poker. I don't care how much you enjoy watching poker competitions, they don't belong on ESPN. I was really ticked when I went to the restroom and saw that the Busch race was on in the bar, and we got the Alka-Seltzer Eating Competition on in the restaurant.

Speaking of good waterski coverage (well, better than nothing), have any of you seen the MC Rewind DVD? It has some great stuff on Wade Cox and the making of the ProStar TV commercial (that I had never seen before). It was free at my local dealer.

I too was having lunch while this nonesense was on. Glad they didn't have the Busch race on where I was at I would have hated to ruin its airing off of the tivo that night.

Ryan
08-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Anyone notice the new CC logo on the scoreboard?

I think the font is too close to MC's. Now it's replacing Nautique accross the transom, at least on the new 206.

Ric
08-03-2005, 05:56 PM

I have that DVD, I do think it's well done
I cannot believe you were billed for it though Doug??????????????????????
I even liked the wakeboard commercial but the prostar commercial and the making of it were some really cool stuff
I like the director saying, it's 5am, were headed to radar lake, wade cox is going to ski, probbbly have a little hottie in the boat, a few chopper passes, hope the rain stays away...

captkidd
08-04-2005, 11:27 AM
Anyone notice the new CC logo on the scoreboard?

I think the font is too close to MC's. Now it's replacing Nautique accross the transom, at least on the new 206.

For what do they hold the world record?