PDA

View Full Version : Removing gauges?

agarabaghi
07-06-2011, 12:30 PM
So i took out my dash and unplugged my oil gauge and all the others started working. Seems like the cracked plastic cover allowed moisture to get in an killed the gauge.

Ive gone a head and ordered a new oil and temp gauge as the temp gauge also gets moisture in it.

It looks like i have to remove the plastic cover on the front of the gauges to reach the bolts. Is this how you remove the gauges? I see screws threaded through the gauge body, but it looks like the head of the screw is behind the vanity plastic cover.

http://www.iboats.com/sites/psunlimitednw/site_page_12326/images/l_6.jpg

The grey plastic with the hex screws...

onejdgreen
07-06-2011, 12:52 PM
If its anything like my 02 197, there is a bracket that holds the guages in place on the back side of the dash, that is what my PerfectPass insert was like. I would bet that that gray plastic with hex screws is just cosmetic. Can be kind of a pain in the a$$.

agarabaghi
07-06-2011, 12:54 PM
There is no bracket on these gauges. I could see bolts which lined up with the hexs that had lock nuts on the back. And then I would see the gauge which had 2 screws doing through it, but no bracket (my sony remote had a bracket so i know what you are talking about.)

onejdgreen
07-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Huh... Shows what I know I guess... I'll keep my eye on the thread as now I am really intrigued...

agarabaghi
07-06-2011, 01:27 PM
ill take some pics when i remove the dash again...