PDA

View Full Version : "ECU" *Flashing*

Grantx15
07-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Ever since my Baffle Fell out of the boat I have been having Computer issues. Iím not sure if the two are related or just coincidence.

I will be running and my gauges all shut off and the letters ECU Flash (Engine Control Unit) this shuts off my perfect pass and depth gauge along with every gauge on the dash besides volt.

I checked my batteries and everything is tight.

This was happening just once a day when out but now it has been happening almost all day when out on the water.

Any ideas on what is causing this or how to fix the problem?

Grantx15
07-27-2011, 09:08 AM
the problem was a dirty CAM line

Jerseydave
07-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Does that mean you'll be on the water this friday or saturday? I'll be out there.

PS, glad to hear you figured it out.

Grantx15
07-29-2011, 08:27 AM
yep! i saw your buddy with the supra out there Thursday evening. so i guess hes all fixed up.

i think im going to skip tonight. (get some house projects done) but i will be on the water most all day saturday & Sunday.

If your up by florance at all i will most likely have the MC mooring over at my friend Geralds Dock just north of florance launch, swing in.

rem_pss308
07-29-2011, 03:45 PM
What is a CAM line?

Grantx15
08-01-2011, 08:55 AM
The "CAM" line from what was discribed to me is the wireing harness that connects the engine to the computer, allowing everthing to sync properly and comunicate.

Grantx15
08-01-2011, 08:56 AM
disconnected it from the computer (near the trans / front of the engine) sprayed cleaner in it and some marine electric grease. plugged it back in and walla