PDA

View Full Version : Bad Bilge Blower motor MariStar?

vinceb
07-06-2011, 01:18 AM
took my 1999 MariStar 210 out this weekend and the blower didn't work. When I turned it on seemed like the circuit breaker would pop but couldn't hear the motor run after resetting the breaker. Upon inspection is appears of the 4 hoses that vent on the back deck, only one is connected to the blower. Haven't had a chance to check power at the motor but curious if these go out occasionally? Since the breaker pops, i figure maybe the blower is seized up... Kind of a pain to get to but probably rather change the motor than chase down a short... any idea what a new blower motor costs? Thanks!

-V-
07-06-2011, 06:53 AM
I just replaced mine, 2000 210VRS, and I had the same thoughts. First off I had to change out the blower because the old none was seized up, so I just picked up a new 3" blower at west marine here in Cleveland, I also picked up a bunch of stuff for summarizing it. As far as the hoses, I have been told there are 4 but only one is connected is correct. The three that are not there are for air flow when running, there should be two hoses, one from the vent under watch windshield that go down under the floor and push air out. Those are for when you are running, as far as the blower, it is only used befo starting and when you are idling or in a no wake zone to get rid of the fumes.

Jeff d
07-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Academy was the cheapest place I found one last year. IIRC it was $23. It was identical to the OEM one accept white instead of black (Atwood 2000 or something like that). Cut the old one off and crimp the new wires on with heat shrink style butt connectors.

It worked well for about a year but I had some exhaust riser/hose leaks that caused it to get wet regularly. It sounds bad again already so I will be replacing it again.

Jeff d
07-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Oh, and the extra hoses are there to vent the bilge from down low (where the fuel vapors collect) when you're cruising. They aren't supposed to be connected to anything.