PDA

View Full Version : A BIG Thanks to TT members.

ahhudgins
07-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Just wanted to give a “Thanks” to everyone who gave me ideas about adding a bimini to my 95 Maristar 200VRS. “Wheeler” provided the used bimini from his X-10 and I went with the method that “LaRue” had on his Maristar.

The bimini that I purchased from Wheeler came with rigid poles for the front and back, but I decided to use straps on the front to see how much rattle (if any) the top would have going down the lake. The original quick release mounts wouldn’t fit my windshield so I just ordered some top rail mounts from Overtons and made a few minor adjustments to get it all together. Believe me, it was measure it 10 times, then cut once!! I couldn’t put the rear support pole any further back because my boom rests directly behind the windshield but everything worked out perfectly. I asked my wife how she felt about her anniversary present (23 years on the 16th) and she said she actually liked it!!

ahhudgins
07-05-2011, 09:30 PM
We were expecting a big crowd of in-laws to show up for the 4th of July weekend and most of them wanted to learn how to ski. I installed the top just for this occasion because I didnít want to roast in the sun for hours while all the kids learned on the boom (Like I did last year). As fate would have it, the in-laws couldnít make it on Sunday and when my sonís friends showed up on Monday it rained most of the day.

I even got the boom from the Market Place a year ago. I've gotten some pretty good toys from this board.

Jim@BAWS
07-05-2011, 10:10 PM
If you take your front straps and twist them 1 time they will not BUZZ or vibrate in the wind

Jim@BAWS

BriEOD
07-06-2011, 07:36 AM
If you take your front straps and twist them 1 time they will not BUZZ or vibrate in the wind

Jim@BAWS

Had the same thought.

wheeler
07-06-2011, 07:42 AM
I am glad it all worked out for you. It actually sits up a little bit higher that the way I had it, which is great.

Great looking boat, by the way!

ahhudgins
07-06-2011, 08:16 PM

Jim@BAWS

Thanks for the tip, I did have one strap that wanted to buzz at certain speeds. I left the front brackets on the bimini because I might use the poles on the front. The top rail mounts have 1/4 inch pull pins that are a little loose fitting so I wanted to see if they would rattle.

ahhudgins
07-06-2011, 08:19 PM
I am glad it all worked out for you. It actually sits up a little bit higher that the way I had it, which is great.

Great looking boat, by the way!

It's exactly 5 feet off of the floor so it's no problem for all of the kids. I'm 6'1" and I only banged my head on it once the first day. I will eventually remember to bend over but the shade under the top makes it all worth it. It didn't look that big when I first installed it, but it covers 3 people in the observers/passenger seat and myself.

Iskidaily
07-06-2011, 10:09 PM
love the bimini in the south. Dads roast while driving all day, so we should get all the glass!