PDA

View Full Version : Electrical help, please!

aswile
07-05-2011, 03:37 PM
I have a 2003 PS197 with no perfect pass. My speedos stopped working at the end of last year and today I found the broken wire at the gauge side connector in the bilge. It was the bare wire I believe, but it was so close to the connector I could not splice it together. I cut off the connectors to the Airmar and the gauge side and butt connected the wires together and now I have no gauges at all:mad:

I have never had trouble with my '93 prostar connecting wires and things however I believe I have screwed up big time- any suggestions? Is there some reason why the factory plastic connect has to be used in order for the gauges to work? The closest MC dealer is 4hrs one way so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Andy

aswile
07-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Ok, I made the other gauges work now by pulling the safety switch on and off several times. The needles on the speedos quiver when the gauges are doing their test but they don't sweep. I cannot get movement when I move the paddle wheel however I could briefly get one needle to sweep when I move the wires, but only briefly. I was not able to pinpoint which wire was the culprit- this was with all wires firmly twisted together without crossing any others. At least my my other gauges will allow me to use the boat, but it would be nice to fix the speedometers. I would appreciate anyone's advice.

Thanks,
Andy