PDA

View Full Version : 2007 X-2 bilge issue/question

ithaca91
07-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Recently got an 07 X-2 that the whole family loves dearly.

Noticed a bit of listing the other day (not severe but it did catch my eye when behind the boat), and am having trouble getting the lift to pick the boat up at dead weight.

It occurred to me that there might be water in the bilge so I toggled the "FORWARD bilge" switch to on, could hear the pump come on, and then bilge water comes out of the starboard hole by the diver chair. Then I toggled the "AFT bilge" switch from auto (down position) to manual (up position) and...nothing. I should add that when I look in the engine compartment as I do after each use, I don't see an substantial amount of water.

I new to all of this so forgive me if this is just a stupid question, but:

Do I hear nothing because the rear bilge has been depleting itself automatically and there's nothing to pump, or do I hear nothing because the pump is dead? It seems to me that even if the bilge is empty, I should still hear the pump come on, as I do with ballast tanks.

I assume the pump is dead and need replacing. Does that sound right?

Thanks for your insight.

kskonn
07-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Sounds like the pump could be dead. I do not have an 07 but on my 03 I can hear the pump kick on in manual mode even if there is not water, maybe the floater has to be at a certain point for the pump to kick on for the newer models, even in manual mode. I know someone here will be able to give you a very good answer on this.

ithaca91
07-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Thanks for your response kskonn. Love to get an expert opinion on this before incurring the cost of a part order/repair.

CantRepeat
07-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Have someone operate the aft bilge switch while you are back by the motor with the cover open. You should at least hear it spin up. If there is no water in the aft and the switch is in auto it will not turn on, at least not until there is enough water to trigger the float switch in the pump.

Thrall
07-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Also, it seems that water in the bilge has to be pretty high to travel fwd and aft.
My X2 doesn't leak a bit, but gets some water in the bilge sometimes from people in/out, wet, etc and the bit of water is always confined to the fwd bilge (hole in the floor next to the driver).
It's pretty easy for the boat to list a little due to placement of people, gear, batteries, water left in a ballast tank, etc.
Yes you should hear the pumps both turn on in manual mode.

sand2snow22
07-05-2011, 05:07 PM
This sounds normal to me, other than not being able to hear the aft bilge. Water tends to collect near the fwd bilge and the fwd bilge is the one that gets used the most. Pop your engine hatch or put your ear under the rear bench seat, flip the aft switch. You should be able to hear it kick on. Def. harder to hear.....

ithaca91
07-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a close listen and report back.

ithaca91
07-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Well, finally got to give it a good listen and...nada. Guess the pump is dead. I assume this something that should be repaired sooner rather than later. Anyone undertaken such an effort?

ttu
07-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Well, finally got to give it a good listen and...nada. Guess the pump is dead. I assume this something that should be repaired sooner rather than later. Anyone undertaken such an effort?

mine went out of my 07 x2 also. academy sports carries the same model.

Thrall
07-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Easy fix. Unplug it and plug in a new one

Cobra Rob
07-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Took me less than 20 minutes ton replace both on my 07 when I bought it

ithaca91
07-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Thanks....doesn't sound too hard. Where do I look (in the engine compartment??) to locate it?